How can I get rid of snow??

Andrew

Hi all, I run my own server, I'm currently building a epic sized palace fit for the almighty me.. I have used sheers to gather leaves from trees for "hedges" but half way into my garden I noticed the colors going dull when I placed them, and they keep disappearing. Reason is I have entered a snow biome on my build. I know I can stop snow by using glass and such, but I don't want to ruin something so pretty by covering everything with glass..

I have put torches everywhere to melt the snow, but this doesn't seem to work either, the leaves still disappear.

I need a good solid way to get rid of this stupid ( worse thing in minecraft ) snow. Is there a terraformer thing I could use? I used the flatting thing to flatten the land, but I am not sure if there is one to stop a snow biome?

If there is some server side thing I could use that stopped snow that would work I think,

If anyone has any idea please let me know.

Decaying due to lack of logs?

If I plant a tree the leaves decay, tree has not had logs removed. And placed blocks of leaves gathered using sheers also decay once placed in this snow biome, the other half of my build is on a normal grass biome and my building over laps them both. one side is fine, the other decays :(