i don't know what to do

maxlnickc

Question

Launcher Version: linux/jar

Operating System: ?

Java Version: the latest i guess

Antivirus Program: ___

Description of Problem:

when the windows download didn't work, i tried the linux/jar, so i downloaded it, but it went to a winrar archive, so i dont know what to do now so i can use the launcher, please help me

Error Messages:

___

Error Log:

___

7 answers to this question

You need to be more clear and provide more infomation. Your operation system is Windows vitsa, Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux, Gentoo, etc.

You're being extremely vague with this. What's the problem? Give me information on why the "windows download didn't work".

i got windows XP, the windows download worked but when i double clicked on technic launcher it said: checking launcher.. and then it immediately after closed so i saw here on the forums, i readed to download the linux/jar, so idid that then it went as a winrar archive but i don't know what to do with that now so i can open the launcher, i hope this will help!

Okay, if you don't already have winrar downloaded, get it, then open up that winrar file, and launch it. It should automatically install the files in the correct directory, but i'm not entirely sure. If not, then hold the windows key, then press r, type in %appdata%, then delete the current.techniclauncher folder. Make a new folder called .techniclauncher in the same directory, and extract the winrar files there. Hope this helped, i'm not that experinced with this stuff....yet.

Please ignore Darkovia's advice. You don't want winrar to do anything for Technic. The Linux/JAR file will work for you if you have the right Java installed (see the stickies for that) but you need to right click that downloaded file and choose "Open With" and then select "Java" in the window that opens.

Note that because you're on Windows XP, the normal launcher (TechnicLauncher.exe) can't work at all because of a bug that hasn't been patched yet.