The GreenWolf Report: Report 2: UU-matter

GreenWolf13

The GreenWolf Report: Main Thread can be found here.

Welcome to the second GreenWolf Report. Before we start, I'd like to apologize for this report being two days late. I've been very busy lately, but I should have more time to work on the Report now. Next Monday's Report will combine two Reports into one to make up for this one being late. Now, onto the Report!

UU-matter can be used to create 36 different items, including most mob drops, and many hard to obtain materials. Source

UU-matter can also be used to increase UU-matter production, by using it to auto-craft HV Solar Arrays, according to the exponential function XY=1,

where X equals time needed to make

one HV Solar Array, and Y equals the number if HV Solar Arrays. For a more in-depth look at the math behind this, go here.

So while the exponential growth of UU-matter takes longer to get started than the exponential growth of Equivalent Exchange 2 "Power Flowers", once it gets rolling, it can be just as fast as a "Power Flower". Using an auto-crafting machine that automatically makes HV Solar Arrays and another machine that automatically places the HV Solar Arrays, it becomes possible to fill crystal chests with UU-matter in a matter of hours, if your machine has been running long enough.

The solution to this problem is tricky, as it may not be a problem or concern in some servers. The most elegant solution is to nerf, not UU-matter itself, not HV Solar Arrays, but Mass Fabricators. By increasing the amount of EU needed to make UU-matter, the time required for the exponential growth to pick up increases drastically. On servers where Quantum Armor is banned, I would suggest disabling UU-matter completely, instead of nerfing Mass Fabricators.

Nerfing Mass fabricators would only increase the amount of time to get the ball rolling on these infinite HV Solar Arrays and would greatly slow (depending on the nerf) the creation of anything needing UU-matter (namely the, arguably overpowered, Quantum Suit) and to the more casual player of the server wouldn't then bother with creating the Mass Fabricator or the recycler. The nerfing of the Mass Fabricator would only harm the casual as the people who would want to make these HV Solar Array factories wouldn't be too bothered with the nerf as they would soon gain back the energy that they had invested in the first place.

If the problem here is the creation of these endless HV Solar Array factories then surely the best answer would be to make HV Solar Arrays uncraftable, but then people would complain about their MV Solar Arrays taking up too much space! So here is my solution; only a certain amount of HV Solar Arrays can be in a certain area at one time. Now I don't know if there is a Bukket plug-in that can ensure that only a certain amount of block ID x in one area but I'm too lazy to check.

Mr (Or Mrs, or Dr, or whatever) GreenWolf13, while your solution is a good one, to me it doesn't seen to solve anything.

A better fix would be to ban a few of the UU mater recipes with one of the many bukkit plugins out there for banning crafting recipes. This way you could greatly limit or even remove the ability to build self sufficient machines such as the HV solar factory.

For example ban the recipes for the items that you need to mine like tin, copper, and iron or if you don't value deserts ban the glass recipe. Another option would be to remove the coal recipe and replace it with one that makes charcoal via a custom recipe plugin. As well as making other adjustments as needed for your server since unlike power flowers UU matter is a lot easier to balance to your needs.