Issue installing Forge into the Vanilla bin file for the Technic Pack

Nvidiafanboy

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate

Java Version: Version 7 Update 7 (build 1.7.0_07-b10)

Antivirus Program: Norton 360 Current version

Description of Problem:

1. I copied all of the contents of Modloader into the minecraft.jar in the .technic directory then launched Vanilla MC through the Technic Launcher and it all started fine.

2. I copied all of the contents of ModloaderMP into the minecraft.jar in the .technic directory then launched Vanilla MC through the Technic Launcher and it all started fine.

3. I copied all of the contents of Forge into the minecraft.jar in the .technic directory then launched Vanilla MC through the Technic Launcher and it white-screened.

(Let me elaborate on the "white-screen". First off the game started and of course as always Forge did its 3rd party load screen unzipping itself into its directory's preparing itself to run properly in MC the thing is both screens were white, the MC game screen and the Forge Java frame like it wasn't unzipping itself but in actuality it did create the directories so I guess it did work somehow. Needless to say the game locked with both screens white and I had to do a force close.

I have reacted everything in this order 4 times I then thought it was best to make a bug post about it.

I do the same process for my stand alone MC game and it works just fine. Reason I am not running it in my stand alone game is because right now I have that setup for my TFCraft server so I thought using the Technic launcher Vanilla option would be the best way to build the mod set I want.

Everything I am using is current universal versions updated for MC 1.3.2

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

Error Messages:

No error log or message

Error Log:

No error log or message

6 answers to this question

Ahh ok I see what you are saying now so if I do the install into the modpack.jar it should work i suppose. I will try that I guess. Thank you

Ok so I looked at what you were talking about because I thought I may have overlooked it but there is no modpack.jar file in the Vanilla directory under .technic so I still have no option but to install the files into the minecraft.jar. And like before I can't do that because it will still throw the whitescreen.