Technic Launcher Has Stopped Working.

MurphyCraft

Question

Launcher Version: 7.2

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Version 7 update 7

Antivirus Program: Norton Anti Virus

Description of Problem:

I just downloaded the Technic Launcher 7.2 off the website, i click it, its asks if i want to run it, i click yes, and it says "Technic launcher updater has stopped working " I re-downloaded the launcher multiple times, and it still refuses to work. i have the latest version of java which i downloaded a short while ago because someone said that would work, and it still refuses to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

There are multiple posts about this problem, and not one of them have solutions.

Error Messages:

Technic launcher updater has stopped working

Error Log:

n/a

That made no sense at all. I just relay the information I have learned to people whose problems fit the solution. I thought it would work for him as usually it does. I admitted I do not know the answer, therefore I know I am no help. Unlike you however, I am trying to provide helpful information based on the original post, whereas, you have posted nothing but "same problem bro" crap.

Try this:

Download the jar file from the website. I.e. Click download launcher and then click the Linux/Jar option. Copy the jar file to your %appdata%>.techniclauncher folder.

Click the windows button, type cmd into the search bar and select cmd. In this black box, type

java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher-latest.jar

See if that works for you.

he just said you'r no help and now I know why.Soz kid I can't help I've got the same pobs

Actually he thanked her for taking the time to try and help him. She did that because he took the time to post his own bug report and fill out the info required. You on the other hand barge in here, insult one of the people who could help you and then say yah I can't help. So you did less than Ashzification.

MurphyCraft: When you downloaded the jar from the site make sure it is a .jar file. If it is a zip file, change the extension to .jar and try running it with Java.

Try this:

Download the jar file from the website. I.e. Click download launcher and then click the Linux/Jar option. Copy the jar file to your %appdata%>.techniclauncher folder.

Click the windows button, type cmd into the search bar and select cmd. In this black box, type

java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher-latest.jar

See if that works for you.

I'm getting an issue attempting to run this line that is possibly caused by my windows username having a space in it. Not the best thing, but then I didn't choose it in this case. Java is telling me it can't find anything in "C:/Users/Alexander" because the name put on this pc was my full name, and it seems it can't handle spaces in folder names. Who knows, maybe that is causing the launcher to crash out, at least for me.

I'm getting an issue attempting to run this line that is possibly caused by my windows username having a space in it. Not the best thing, but then I didn't choose it in this case. Java is telling me it can't find anything in "C:/Users/Alexander" because the name put on this pc was my full name, and it seems it can't handle spaces in folder names. Who knows, maybe that is causing the launcher to crash out, at least for me.

Yep a space in the windows user name is now a documented bug and one of the forum users has submitted a fix to the devs who are evaluating it.

Problem solved, its the owners fault, just download a later version of the Technic pack and update it to the newer version, worked for me, sense no one knew the fix to this problem. Thank you all for the help.

Even if i am a "Stupid Newbie" Helen Keller

Yep because everyone has this issue and no one know how to fix it... Why would downloading an earlier version of the Launcher then updating it help at all? Blaming the "owners" is probably one of the reasons you have a pink name...