Freezes on Technic Logo at the Beginning

Morbert

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Java Version: 1.7.0_07 64 bit

Antivirus Program: MSE (Disabled, and Firewall switched off)

Description of Problem:

I have downloaded the jar file (Since the Technic Launcher for Windows crashes with a Has Stopped Working message). When I run the jar file, it freezes at the logo banner.

I have tried reinstalling java, deleting the .techniclauncher folder, etc. I have also tried java options like -Xmx1G nd others.

Error Messages:

No error message. Just freezes.

Error Log:

[15:17:43] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[15:17:43] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[15:17:43] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[15:17:43] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[15:17:43] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_07-b11'

[15:17:43] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[15:17:43] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'true'

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MD5Utils.updateMD5Cache(MD5Utils.java:71)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:360)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:45)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadRelativeYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:24)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.updateModPacksYMLCache(ModPackListYML.java:82)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getConfig(ModPackListYML.java:72)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getModPacks(ModPackListYML.java:108)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.<clinit>(ModPackListYML.java:60)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:361)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[15:17:55] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

8 answers to this question

My username doesn't have any spaces in it. If it did, then I would imagine java itself would complain before any jar file was ever run, and it could be fixed with some clever use of quotation marks and slashes.

All the null pointer exceptions refer to methods that attempt to fetch data, like "getMirrorUrl" or "downloadYmlFile". And when I copy over an older snapshot of my techniclauncher folder, before I grabbed the new one, it retrieves the gui, but refuses to connect to minecraft.net. To me this implies a communication problem server-side.

My username doesn't have any spaces in it. If it did, then I would imagine java itself would complain before any jar file was ever run, and it could be fixed with some clever use of quotation marks and slashes.

All the null pointer exceptions refer to methods that attempt to fetch data, like "getMirrorUrl" or "downloadYmlFile". And when I copy over an older snapshot of my techniclauncher folder, before I grabbed the new one, it retrieves the gui, but refuses to connect to minecraft.net. To me this implies a communication problem server-side.

Well, you seem to already know more than me ;) That was the only thing I could think of that you hadn't already tried.

It worked for you, some others with this problem tried that and it didn't work. Thank you for providing helpful input :)

I will have a read of the other threads. This alone did not work for me. The other steps I had to take were:

1. Download the jar file explicitly (I.e. Select the Linux option)

2. Tell java to prefer IPv4 stacks.

3. Explicitly allocate memory for heap.

I.e. In cmd, type the following

java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher-latest.jar