It shows the update and then crash's

HamptonBays

Question

Launcher Version: newest launcher

Operating System: acer runining windows vista

Java Version: java JRE 7 (bc it said to)

Antivirus Program: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Description of Problem:

everytime i like the launcher it loads a green bar and then disappears and when ever i click it again it quick pops up and goes away, nothing has worked i tryed every laucher and all the javas

Error Messages:

Error Log:

7 answers to this question

You tried using Java jre-6u34_x32/x64?

I didn't get to finish my name...

I_Be_A_Troll_That_Lives_Under_The_One_And_Only_Bridge

Why the fuck's your only solution in over 3 threads "downgrading to 6u34"? Java 7 is the best version for this, and most mods are compiled against 7. You'll get a definite crash if you run Java 6.

Why the fuck's your only solution in over 3 threads "downgrading to 6u34"? Java 7 is the best version for this, and most mods are compiled against 7. You'll get a definite crash if you run Java 6.

He is one of those people who honestly believes that the temporary solution found in the CP&S is the word of God and should be used for every problem as a permanent fix.

He is one of those people who honestly believes that the temporary solution found in the CP&S is the word of God and should be used for every problem as a permanent fix.

Explain what "CP&S" thing is.

I do kinda understand that, like "stick a sugar pack under a wobbly table" (Heheh, that 70s show) but it's not really permanent since most mods are updating to 7 and the more mods update, the less reliable java 6 will be.

This has been a common problem recently. Have you read the common problems and solutions thread? Did anything in it work for you?

If not, try a clean re-install of all of the downloads (correct java for your computer and launcher).

Update your graphics driver.

Delete the launcher folder, and install the linux version and just run the .jar

Downgrade your java to 6

Try the solutions in that order, one at a time.