Problem with The End

When I pass through a portal to The End, I end up on a 5x6 Obsidian platform. If I fly and look around, I find three water source blocks that form little fountains. Endermen will spawn on the platform. That's it. nothing else.

I have deleted the folder with the World name and ending in _the_end (after backing it up). I have also created a new world and copy the contents of the newly created _the_end folder into my existing folder. Neither has had an impact.

Any suggestions?

When I pass through a portal to The End, I end up on a 5x6 Obsidian platform. If I fly and look around, I find three water source blocks that form little fountains. Endermen will spawn on the platform. That's it. nothing else.

I have deleted the folder with the World name and ending in _the_end (after backing it up). I have also created a new world and copy the contents of the newly created _the_end folder into my existing folder. Neither has had an impact.

Any suggestions?

Uh yeah, that is what is supposed to happen.

Endstone and the dragon are at coordinates (0,0). You have to fly over from wherever the stronghold was (never at 0,0 as far as I have seen) to there to see anything interesting.

It has nothing to do with tekkit, and you would know all this if you actually read the basic minecraft wiki page for the End... (it even goes so far as to give you strategies about how to get from the platform to the island if you can't fly)

Thank you.

I did read the Minecraft Wiki before posting. After realizing my issue, this is what I find confusing:

"An activated End Portal allows the player to enter The End immediately, appearing on top of a five by five Obsidian platform in The End. The center of this portal is always at the co-ordinates 0,72,0."

I was able to find the dragon at those coordinates, but I spawned into The End over 800 meters from those coordinates.

Thank you.

I did read the Minecraft Wiki before posting. After realizing my issue, this is what I find confusing:

"An activated End Portal allows the player to enter The End immediately, appearing on top of a five by five Obsidian platform in The End. The center of this portal is always at the co-ordinates 0,72,0."

I was able to find the dragon at those coordinates, but I spawned into The End over 800 meters from those coordinates.

Ah, well that is incorrect. In SSP, apparently, it sends you to 0,72,0. In SMP, it sends you to the same coords as the portal, but in the End.

Feel free to update the wiki if you'd like with that information.