Clean install, neither launcher works (exe or jar)

BWchief117

Question

Launcher Version: latest

Operating System: Win7 64bit

Java Version: 7U7 64bit

Antivirus Program: Norton

Description of Problem:

Java: 7U7 64bit

I've tried both the Windows exe file, and the Linux/Jar file, and niether does anything. The exe stops working immediately and Windows checks for a problem (and doesn't find any). The jar pops open a java cmd box and immediately closes and does nothing.

Downloaded with Firefox, Norton has NO issues with the file (it told me so on download and in file check), and file extensions are all correct.

At the moment, I have a heavily modded version of Minecraft (via MC Patcher) that works just fine with lots of the same mods (BC, IC2, EE2, etc.) except Redpower (which is why I wanted to go to Technic). I typically run with extra RAM via a batch file, but I have checked the base game and that works as well.

My Minecraft isn't updated to the 1.3 update (I'm at 1.2.5), but I don't see how that matters...

This just seems like either a java incompatibility or an issue with the installers.

Error Messages:

nada

Error Log:

nada

5 answers to this question

Sorry to say, we really can't provide much help if you aren't using the launcher.

As for the launcher attempt, you need to remove all of the other mods prior to trying to use the launcher. It creates MASSIVE incompatibility issues.

(Note: I would not have posted on this bug report, had it not been so well written and properly compiled)

Sorry to say, we really can't provide much help if you aren't using the launcher.

As for the launcher attempt, you need to remove all of the other mods prior to trying to use the launcher. It creates MASSIVE incompatibility issues.

(Note: I would not have posted on this bug report, had it not been so well written and properly compiled)

Pretty sure he wants to use the Launcher but can't. The info about the other mods was to show that he had used them on his computer before.

Is the issue that the pack is not downloading or not launching

As for the launcher attempt, you need to remove all of the other mods prior to trying to use the launcher.

I thought Technic created it's own files? Does Technic take the base files and add to them and save that as the new files in .technicpack?

Thanks for the reply. Amazing how far good grammar goes right?

I thought Technic created it's own files? Does Technic take the base files and add to them and save that as the new files in .technicpack?

Thanks for the reply. Amazing how far good grammar goes right?

The bride was just confused I believe. Technic creates its own files and is separate from your normal minecraft.

Yes, I was confused, but in looking about, I've read that having a mod installed that's not in the pack can cause incompatibility problems. So rather than remove those ones, it's just as easy to take the whole mods folder, put it somewhere else and try again.

Sorry! Moving over the last two weeks has been rather straining ;)