Every Modpack not working

Sycamore_Ridge

Question

Hello, this is my first, and hopefully my only, complaint about Technic Launcher. First off, this is probably my clumsiness with computers, I'm not all that tech savvy. I recently downloaded a new version of Java to play a 1.8 version of Pixelmon. Ever since that, I have not been able to play Pixelmon, then I decided to do another mod pack, that did not work, so I tried to play every mod pack I installed, it did not work. When I hit the "play" button there is a pause then the Technic window closes, I think it is loading the game, but then the Technic window opens on the pack I was trying to play, like nothing ever happened. The Java version that I installed is; "Default (1.8.0_66 32-Bit)".

Some help or instructions on how to fix this problem would help a lot. Thanks for reading!

4 answers to this question

Hello there my friend,

I've had the same problem. I tried anything, reinstalling java, reinstalling tekkit, installing older versions of java, ginving more ram to java, ect. nothing worked, but ive foud a solution. I got desprate, so I just reinstalled windows 10, and it worked.

To reinstall windows 10, go to settings, update & security, Recovery, click Get started, then keep my files, It will take some time, but it fixes the problem. Hope this helped!

Greetz,

~Semmie

I'm having a similar problem, though I'm not sure which version of Java we've used.  I've got once 64 bit machine and one 32 bit machine and we've gone through numerous versions of Java and many, many modpacks, but most behave as described above: technic disappears as if Minecraft will start to run but then Technic pops back up as if we never tried to Play the installed modpack.  I figured it was the mods, but it seems like more modpacks used to work before the attempts to update our Java versions. Does anyone know a good way to clear the slate and get the most functionality out of Technic?

Hello there my friend,

I've had the same problem. I tried anything, reinstalling java, reinstalling tekkit, installing older versions of java, ginving more ram to java, ect. nothing worked, but ive foud a solution. I got desprate, so I just reinstalled windows 10, and it worked.

To reinstall windows 10, go to settings, update & security, Recovery, click Get started, then keep my files, It will take some time, but it fixes the problem. Hope this helped!

Greetz,

~Semmie

Thanks!  Maybe that's worth updating to Windows 10 for, at least on my kid's computer, since that's the only thing he uses the computer for...and I can always reinstall Win7 if we don't like it.