technic launcher doesn't open

Ragi169

Question

Launcher Version: Technic SSP

Operating System: Windows & Proffesional

Java Version: Java Version 7 32 bit

Antivirus Program: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security

Description of Problem:

Whenever I download the technic launcher and when I double click it kit doesn't come up "Checking Launcher Version" it comes up with nothing then it come up with "Technic Launcher Updater Has Stopped Working Because Of A Problem". I've searched everywhere but it hasn't help. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY TECHNIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Error Messages:

Error Log:

23 answers to this question

Please don't beg or use the caps lock button. Also, please use the edit button.

Save your .techniclauncher folder elsewhere (on a flash drive preferably)

Delete .techniclauncher from the %appdata%/Roaming

Uninstall Java

Reinstall Java, the correct version of Java for your computer

Redownload the launcher

Make sure that you have your antivirus off/disabled during this time.

Please let me know if this works, we're trying to compile a comprehensive list of all people having this issue.

Also, can you let me know which actual version of Windows you have?

Please don't beg or use the caps lock button. Also, please use the edit button.

Save your .techniclauncher folder elsewhere (on a flash drive preferably)

Delete .techniclauncher from the %appdata%/Roaming

Uninstall Java

Reinstall Java, the correct version of Java for your computer

Redownload the launcher

Make sure that you have your antivirus off/disabled during this time.

Please let me know if this works, we're trying to compile a comprehensive list of all people having this issue.

Also, can you let me know which actual version of Windows you have?

If none of this works, try using the jar.

I was getting there, just trying to make sure his issue can go on my list. He would be the first 32 bit I've found, and would maintain the Java 7 issue

One thing to keep in mind is that almost all of them will have Java 7 because if they didn't they would run into other problems before they got to this one. They might still experience it but they can't get far enough into the process to have the "Stopped Working" error.

One thing to keep in mind is that almost all of them will have Java 7 because if they didn't they would run into other problems before they got to this one. They might still experience it but they can't get far enough into the process to have the "Stopped Working" error.

Yeah I know, but one common link is better than possibly one common link.

Yeah I know, but one common link is better than possibly one common link.

Oh I know, just saying that you shouldn't get too hung up on the Java version. It is important and applicable, but it should be the only thing you look for :)

I was getting there, just trying to make sure his issue can go on my list. He would be the first 32 bit I've found, and would maintain the Java 7 issue

When I was going through the bug reports, I noticed that most of the "the .exe doesn't work" reports were 64 bit, instead of 32 bit. So it would appear that this issue affects people with 32 bit and 64 bit java. My gut feeliing on this one is that it's an issue with the way the .exe (a windows executable file) tells the .jar (a java executable file) to run.

Windows 7 64 bit OS, Intel i7 2.4 GHz processor, 16 GB ram, I have been playing Tekkit single player and multiplayer, I updated to 64 bit Java because I read it might help me with the 'out of memory' error I've been getting, now tekkit won't start at all. I get a brief flash of a cmd window then nothing. Please tell me what else I can tell you to help you help me. Thanks!

edit: antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials

That has not worked :(

What didn't work? You need Java 7 32bit and you download it from the Java website (IIRC it is Oracle)

Windows 7 64 bit OS, Intel i7 2.4 GHz processor, 16 GB ram, I have been playing Tekkit single player and multiplayer, I updated to 64 bit Java because I read it might help me with the 'out of memory' error I've been getting, now tekkit won't start at all. I get a brief flash of a cmd window then nothing. Please tell me what else I can tell you to help you help me. Thanks!

This is not your bug report so you are unlikely to get help here. If you search around the forums and read the stickys and that still doesn't help, post your own bug report.

"This is not your bug report so you are unlikely to get help here." Ok, thanks anyway.

If you post your own I will be glad to help. The reason I say you should post your own is because to post one, you need to include some basic info that will help us troubleshoot your issue.

EDIT: OP try this:

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

I have the same problems.

Launcher Version: Technic SSP (the .exe)

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Java Version: Java 7u7 32 bit + Java 7u7 64 bit

Antivirus Program: AVG, disabled

UAC also disabled.

Data Execution Prevention also disabled.

Description of Problem:

When running TechnicLauncher.exe it loads for about 2 seconds and then Windows comes up with the crash notification.

I will now try the jar, which is, oddly, about 10 times larger.

And just to be clear, average users would never think of trying the jar because the download button is prefixed with 'Linux' making people believe it is Linux-only.

Error Messages:

"Technic launcher has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem."

Error Log:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01:techniclauncher.exe

Problem Signature 02:1.0.1.0

Problem Signature 03:5064acfd

Problem Signature 04:mscorlib

Problem Signature 05:2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06:4d4cbca7

Problem Signature 07:349e

Problem Signature 08:119

Problem Signature 09:System.IO.DirectoryNotFound

OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID:1041

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

No need to go angry on me. According to my professional guesstimation it's the same bug, so I'm just providing more information. That's hardly hijacking. And off I go, no need to reply to me anymore as the jar works for me.

Oh, and as for the .jar being "about ten times larger" than the .exe, there is nothing woerd about that, as all the .exe does is run the .jar. That's why me and several other people have been trying to figure out why the .exe doesn't work, as all it does is run the .jar. So it makes perfect sense that .jar files is larger, as it does not do the same thing as the .exe.

No need to go angry on me. According to my professional guesstimation it's the same bug, so I'm just providing more information. That's hardly hijacking. And off I go, no need to reply to me anymore as the jar works for me.

...Wow in the same thread I told someone else not to threadjack you came and threadjacked. The funny thing is if you had tried the fix I showed the OP, you could have save all of us time by not posting. As for the reason no-one would think about using the jar, I have posted this exact same solution on about 25 other topics you could have searched for 2 seconds to find the fix.

This was the problem I didn't show you (and I couldn't find it).

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: techniclauncher.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.1.0

Problem Signature 03: 5064acfd

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c7cc

Problem Signature 07: 3452

Problem Signature 08: 119

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

This was the problem I didn't show you (and I couldn't find it).

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: techniclauncher.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.1.0

Problem Signature 03: 5064acfd

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c7cc

Problem Signature 07: 3452

Problem Signature 08: 119