Launcher crashes with Windows problem ("looking for solution" screen)

mipersonalcomp

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.0

Operating System: Windows 7 32bits

Java Version: binary

Antivirus Program: Norton 360

Description of Problem:

My launcher doesnt starts for a bit, i have downloaded the one that is published in the home page of technic website and when i run it, it crashes immediately with the windows error screen "looking for a solution" (The file has stopped working- error)

Do i have to download anything else? I have no idea how technic works so i dont know if i need another file.

Somewhere i downloaded an older vertion of the launcher (wich tells me that i need to update when i start playing with the message "MAtmoros: R18 update") but suddendly the game crashes, it just freezes and the only way to close it is by task manager.

Also i am not sure about my launcher version. Where can i see it? when i leave the mouse still on the file it says it is 1.0.1.0 (its the one that is on the home page of techinc)

Error Messages:

The file has stopped working

Error Log:

2 answers to this question

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.