I can download the launcher, but as soon as i try installing it it doesnt work?

Owen Lewis

Question

Launcher Version: Newest

Operating System: Windows 7 premium

Java Version: Newest, Java 7 Update 7

Antivirus Program: Norton 360

Description of Problem:

I have recently bought a new laptop. While i was playing tekkit on my old one it would really lag....so i thought id get a new one with much more RAM and hard drive space. When i tried downloading the launcher it downloaded fine, as soon as i clicked on it to run or open....windows would pop up a box saying - searching for solution - message and it would disappear and wouldn't work. My laptop is a Samsung series 3 300V, has 6GB or RAM and after splitting the hard drive has600GB of RAM storage which is all more or less free as its brand new. Everything else works great, apart from this. I am extremely disappointed as this was the main reason for me buying this, and it was a lot of money to spend on this if it was for nothing!!! Someone please, please PLEASE help me!!!

Error Messages:

solving solution - and then dispersing

Error Log:

6 answers to this question

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

If it isn't downloading, Turn of Norton and reinstall

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

If it isn't downloading, Turn of Norton and reinstall

Yes mate, thank you!! trust me you dont know how much i appreciate that!!!! thank you so much :)!!