teshnic launcher has stopped working

dorimus

Question

Launcher Version: lastest version, just dl 10 min ago

Operating System: window vista

Java Version: jre 7

Antivirus Program: n/a

Description of Problem:

when i click o the technic launcher it says technic launcher updater has stopped working.

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly... etc etc. ive been reading the post and ive seen alot of people are having this issue with windows xp/7 is this the same issue with vista? i dl the linx version as well to see if that would solve , negative . any other solutions you may have?

Error Messages:

n/a

Error Log:

n/a

6 answers to this question

It is an issue with Java 7 not reading the exe properly. The vast majority are 64 bit systems, and many people do not know the difference between this issue and other 64 bit issues (having the wrong java bit version).

Do you have 64 bit vista? If so, use the jar, and run with java.

Do you know the command to type in a .bat file to make it run the .jar?

EDIT: Nevermind I didn't realize you can just double click on the jar to run it.

i am usig the 32 bit , java 7u7, also for 32 bit. and when u use the linux (jar), i am getting the same messege of technic launcher updater has stopped working.

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will search for a solution to the problem. But it never does it give me a close program tab and nothing else. any other suggestions that may aid on solving this?

Same thing happens to me! Someone help! I am using Windows 7. And it just says: "Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working" HELP!!!

Use the search bar or click on my name and read a few of my bug report posts. If you don't do this because you are lazy or it doesn't work, post your own bug report.