Description of Problem:

when i start the launcher, a cmd window pops up that says:

Error: could not find 'W:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\i386\jvm.cfg'

Error Messages:

Error: could not find 'W:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\i386\jvm.cfg'

Error Log:

none

20 answers to this question

Don't bump, use the edit button (and there is no need to yell ;))

I need more info to help you. Can you edit your original post with the following:

Bit version of your OS (32 or 64)

Bit version of your Java (32 or 64)

Update version of your Java (7u7, 7u9, etc.)

The error log from your .techniclauncher logs folder

Anything you have already tried.

32 bit everything, and ive tried deleting my whole entire java folder and re-installing it, which did re-add the cfg file, but now when i start it, the cmd prompt window says something about missing class file or osmething like that, so i lookes that up on google, and found something called jarfix, so i tried that, and it says i dont have the runtime envirement installed, even though i know i do, as vannila minecraft runs fine, so i looked up some more info, and it said that things like the technic launcher jar should be using the javaw.exe file instead of the java.exe file, so i changed it to do that, and now, it does absolutley nothing when i double click, nothing at all, and the error log from my techniclauncher folder has the same info as all my other logs from when it did work, so im not really sure why its not working, as ive tried everything, and it just stopped working when i was trying to get multi-mc to work, which also works fine, in-fact, the only mc thing i have that wont run is technic, so can someone please help me? (oh, and sorry for yellling, i just get really mad when people ask about stuff that i said i already tried

You need to uninstall Java from the control Panel IIRC. Sounds like you have a lot of things going on there. I would recommend nuking all Java related files and all Technic related files and starting from scratch. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Sorry :(

well idk now, as i just tried the deleting everything java and technic related then re-installing, and now java does show up in program files, but when i tell windows to launch the .jar with it, it completley ignores me, and opens it with 7z, and when i click the java with the open with dialog, it wont choose it, it just go's straight back to the screen and wont select java, period, so now what should i try?