Modular force field addon for ic2

iv'e tried dragging the modular force field mod into the mods folder but it's as if iv'e not installed it at all, been trying to install this and other addons but no luck, i really want this on my tekkit server but no idea how to get it to work, any ideas anyone? the tekkit server is only for a few friends so they wont mind installing mods to have more stuff to mess around.

Well, if you're using the 2.1 version then that's your problem, because that's for a different version of minecraft. It's also worth noting that Tekkit actually uses Immibis's version. Perhaps you could post an error log so I can see what's wrong?

not sure where to find the error log but i copied this from "ForgeModLoader-0" : "2012-10-22 21:37:42 [FINE] Found a zip or jar file ModularForceFieldSystemV2.1.7.0.23.zip, attempting to load it

2012-10-22 21:37:42 [iNFO] File ModularForceFieldSystemV2.1.7.0.23.zip contained no mods". I also got this for the previous version of the addon and for the graviton ic2 addon. Thanks for the reply :)

Ok so i found a previous download which was available in bukkit, added it to the server's mods and i got no problems, added to the client tekkit mods folder and tekkit starts normally, but when i try and connect i get an error code reading:http responce code 503... is this because i did something worng or because the servers are down?