Download failed

Mikipiki1500

Question

Launcher Version: Latest (just installed it)

Operating System: Windows Vista

Java Version: 32 bit

Antivirus Program: AVG

Description of Problem:

Ok, so i've set up my tekkit server correctly and basically when i run the technic launcher, put in my username and password, select tekkit from the drop down tab. It says connecting to www.minecraft.net ... and then starts downloading minecraft.jar for example it goes up from 1% minecraft.jar to 25% minecraft jar (because you go from 1-100%, obviously). The problem is that when it gets to a certain stage (sometimes, 2% other times 20%, its random), it stops for a few seconds and then it just says :20% Download Failed.

Not sure what i've done wrong =S... the highest percent its gone up to so far was 91% and then i got the same messgae.. download failed.

Error Messages: Download Failed

Error Log:

4 answers to this question

Well one of the stickies hasn't got the solution.. if i look at the other it means ur telling m that this thread will be deleted. Maybe i wasnt very clear, basically the mod said that if it gets past the mojang screen then they can't babysit me anyore, but i havent even reached that screen yet... like ive said about 5 times.. im a nublet you don't have to make me look any worse lol.

The launcher stops in the middle of downloading the mods.

If your AV is not on this list it could still potentially cause problems. Just like any software, we recommended you disable your AV while installing and running your launcher for the first time to avoid issues.

These Antivirus programs are known to cause issues when downloading the launcher.

• AVG
  • Norton
  • McAfee
  • Avira Because of user input, Avira has apparently fixed the false positive. Update your AV.

If you are using one of these you will have to disable them or set the Technic Launcher as an exception in order to install it. They block it by default since they don't recognize it (of course). If that doesn't work, uninstall those terrible anti-virus programs and get one that doesn't get in your way constantly. We recommend if you're paying for any of the above AV's to stop immediately, uninstall them, and get a better AV. Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast! are two completely free AV's that work far better then all of the above. MSE especially I can vouch for, having used it for years.

Did you try that?

Hidden

The launcher stops in the middle of downloading the mods.

If your AV is not on this list it could still potentially cause problems. Just like any software, we recommended you disable your AV while installing and running your launcher for the first time to avoid issues.

These Antivirus programs are known to cause issues when downloading the launcher.

• AVG
  • Norton
  • McAfee
  • Avira Because of user input, Avira has apparently fixed the false positive. Update your AV.

If you are using one of these you will have to disable them or set the Technic Launcher as an exception in order to install it. They block it by default since they don't recognize it (of course). If that doesn't work, uninstall those terrible anti-virus programs and get one that doesn't get in your way constantly. We recommend if you're paying for any of the above AV's to stop immediately, uninstall them, and get a better AV. Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast! are two completely free AV's that work far better then all of the above. MSE especially I can vouch for, having used it for years.

Did you try that?