How to Use Technic Launcher Offline? (Solved)

Jamie Thompson

So basically my situation is, I bought Minecraft and downloaded this and played Technic/Tekkit and all mod types fine. However the Laptop I had it on broke and i had to get rid of it. Now I have two computers, one that cannot play games and one that has no internet connection. I have downloaded Technic launcher and everything again on the non-gaming computer and downloaded all mods, I then put them on to a memory stick and moved it to the gaming computer with no internet connection.

The Problem is that when I open Technic launcher on the latter computer it attempts to update and cant because there is no internet connection, therefore closing. I would simply like to know if there is a way to get around this or to stop the launcher trying to update as I have no intention to go online or update for the near future.

Thanks

I recommend taking a look at this thread: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-to-install-the-technic-launcher-on-a-usb-drive.6133/

it may be of some help to you. if done correctly, the launcher will simply enter offline mode when it can't connect to minecraft.net. however, you need to log in at least once in order for that to work.

I have logged in more than once on this computer and then moved it, however I will never be able to login on the other computer does that make it impossible? Also I am following the steps on that guide now, takes a while though having to run back and forth between computers and this thing is incredibly slow haha, thank you though :)