Launcher didn't ask permission to update

jakj

Question

Not sure if this is a bug or not, so in case it's not, I'll ask here. I had it set to use dev builds, and it just boom updated to the 1.2.3 dev build. I switched it back manually to the 1.1 dev build, but it still lost my configs and such. Of course it backed up, but it was rather...surprising. Would prefer to not have that behaviour.

3 answers to this question

Ahh... the new launcher glitch. For some reason... Technic is running vanilla in most places. When I loaded the game... I saw my world that was in the .minecraft folder. Big glitch in the launcher. Plus, after the "update" not all the files and configs were actually installed. I'm sure this has been reported in the dev build bug board, so don't worry, as this will be fixed soon! :)

I resolved my issue on not having my self-added mods not being there by simply re-installing them, but I lost my old world due to the launch corrupting it =( and for some reason, it backed up the corrupted version. Good thing I hadn't gotten too far in that one, though I'm having fun restarting and having access to the new mods I recently added =)