Looking for Mods to start new XL server - nightowl.cc

Yamamushi

Howdy Everyone :-)

Longtime lurker here. I've been running a Bukkit MC server for almost two years now, and am now making the jump to hosting a fully dedicated Tekkit server instead. I work in the hosting industry, and I get my hardware fairly cheap...

Server Hardware Specs:

8-Core Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz

32GB Dedicated Ram

1gbps dedicated connection

Unlimited Bandwidth

Linux.

Tekkit - 3.1.2

Max Players - TBD, right now it's capped at 250, we'll see what needs to be adjusted and if we need more RAM to accommodate players as the server needs it.

~Plenty of hard drive space

The server is currently up and running completely fresh (as of this posting), at:

Address: nightowl.cc

Plugins that I've installed so far (Suggestions/Requests Welcome):

BOSEconomy EssentialsGroupManager Register

ChestShop Essentials Residence

EssentialsAntiBuild EssentialsProtect Timeismoney

EssentialsChat EssentialsSpawn TownyChat

EssentialsGeoIP EssentialsXMPP Towny

EssentialsGroupBridge Questioner WorldEdit

I'm looking for a few people to help manage things (permissions, creative mode, etc) during US daytime hours and evening hours, as I'm (as the domain suggests) a night-owl in those respects. Thus I am somewhat obligated to handle things late at night (11pm-7am CST).

Anyone who has ever played on one of my servers will tell you that I'm a super easy going server operator, whose main rule is "Don't be a douche to other players". I think most people can agree that sums up everything quite well.

Once we have things up and running smoothly, we can go on with advertising to a wider audience later. I'm just requesting these bits of information to apply for moderator status:

Minecraft name:

Spoken Languages:

Time Zone (UTC):

Do you have a Mic:

Previous moderating experience:

Skills (not necessarily MC/Tech-related):

What you expect from the server:

You'll still need to hop onto the server to get to know the mods for the final approval though, as I'm not a real totalitarian with who can and can't be a mod, I leave it up for the mods as a group to decide themselves.

Regards,

-Yamamushi

Minecraft name: rawrimalion10

Spoken Languages: English, Tagalog

Time Zone (UTC): Central

Do you have a Mic: Only my laptop mic

Previous moderating experience: Not good with plugins, but good at looking over the server. Built 2 spawns that my friends thought were awesome

Skills (not necessarily MC/Tech-related): Good at games, violin, piano, and programming/ computing

What you expect from the server: A friendly community

Minecraft name: Rnen10

Spoken Languages: English, Norwegean.

Time Zone (UTC): UTC +1

Do you have a Mic: Yes

Previous moderating experience: Owned a couple of vanilla servers, 1 tekkit server, been a moderator on about 3 servers. Have experience with plugins such as: Pex, Logblock, CoreProtect, WE, WG, Factions, ect.

Skills (not necessarily MC/Tech-related): Fast learner. Good to adapt to new situations. Also know html code.

What you expect from the server: Order, little rule breaking, polite staff members.

Minecraft name: jonathansty

Spoken Languages: Dutch (main) French (Second) and English, I do understand a bit german cause it looks alot like dutch but I can't speak it.

Time Zone (UTC): UTC+1

Do you have a Mic:yes

Previous moderating experience: I own a Tekkit server but only a clan server not a real business. I don't make money with it. And I know it's hard to find a good moderator. When you find a moderator most of the moderators won't even watch over the server and stop the bad things from happening.

Skills (not necessarily MC/Tech-related): Fast learner, Good self student. I play music( Piano and Saxophone) and I know things about computer and also about minecraft servers.

What you expect from the server: Good community, exiting events so there is always something to do. And yes ofcourse a friendly server owner.

And it seems I can't join nightowl.cc ? Is it on?