Tried making a modpack but am encountering an unzipping error

RumPilot

Followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9SI13Ul2w

Followed it perfectly but when I go to install my modpack I get an error:

"Error unzipping file for the following pack: "Pack's Name" 

Attempting to extract files "Packs name" but did not exist 

Please consult the modpack author"

I don't know why it is looking for a file named after the pack itself when that wasn't in the tutorial.

What do I do. 

Edit: Link to my modpack: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/sables-second-test-pack.811991

I am certain now that the problem is DropBox. Even when I try changing the 0 at the end of the link to 1 I am getting this error. Are there any other websites that I can use to host my modpack?

Now I believe that the Technic Platform isn't working. I believe that the "update modpack" option isn't working and thus isn't saving my mod location link. The reason I say this is earlier tonight I tried this process and the error I encountered was that my download percentage was negative and in the thousands. The solution I figured was changing the end of the url from 0 to 1. Even though I did this the Technic program kept referring to the URL with 0 in it even though I had made the change on the website and saved it. Which implies that the changes I made on the website were not saving or being used. 

Maybe tomorrow things will work so for now I wont attempt to fix this since it seems that the problem isn't on my side.

Update: Tried every single one of the 7 modpacks I made tonight and one of the earliest ones actually works. Decided I would test something. I copied the dropbox link from that modpack page to all of the others to see if they would then work. None of them did, even though all of them are identical. 

Edited by RumPilot

• Discord Moderator
  • When the Launcher downloads the modpack archive, it renames it in the format "slugname-packversion.zip". That is why you are seeing "sables-second-test-pack-1.0.zip".
  • Make sure you are incrementing the pack version number any time you change either the pack metadata or the modpack archive (link or contents).