Hosting for Custom ModPack

AndrewHrubik

I have in the past used my hosting for my custom domain as the host for the ZIP file for a technic pack. That seems to still be supported but the site rejects the link. I've checked the URL headers and the site is reporting HTTP 200 and I can link directly to the file. Am I missing something? Is this broken?

I can and am using Dropbox in the interim but this is not the solution I'd like to use going forward as my custom hosting has much greater bandwidth and much larger storage.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by AndrewHrubik

• Discord Moderator
  • The /bin/ folder inside your modpack archive should only contain one file: modpack.jar. All other files/folders below there should be removed.
  • The file on your self-hosted site is remarkably different from the one on DropBox.
  • When I make a connection in the same way the Launcher does, I get "Connection: keep-alive" instead of "Connection: close", not that it should make any difference.
  • I know you don't want your pack in a non-working state, but it's going to be hard to diagnose unusual cases like this without a pack with the metadata configured in the way you want it to work. Can you make a temporary/test pack that points to a URL on your personal host for the modpack URL?
Edited by plowmanplow

• The /bin/ folder inside your modpack archive should only contain one file: modpack.jar. All other files/folders below there should be removed.

Thanks! I will make that change.

• The file on your self-hosted site is remarkably different from the one on DropBox.

It is. It represents a beta of the current published pack. After giving up on my hosting site I stopped uploading the in progress packs to it.

• I know you don't want your pack in a non-working state, but it's going to be hard to diagnose unusual cases like this without a pack with the metadata configured in the way you want it to work. Can you make a temporary/test pack that points to a URL on your personal host for the modpack URL?

I can but the Technic site won't let me save the pack with my hosts URL in the pack location. It gives an error about bad URL and blanks the location field.

I do have a pack saved using my host. It is a 1.6.4 pack though.

http://technicpack.net/modpack/equitas-custom.343182

Edited by AndrewHrubik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...