Technic Launcher Fails to Launch ModPacks [SOLVED]

Pr0d1gy104

Question

So, I download the launcher and download tekkit legends, no problem. When I tell it to play, It will run through the various checks and what-not and the launcher will hide, because it is set to hide when the game starts. After about 30 seconds, the launcher pops up again like nothing happened. I checked the console, turns out the game is crashing on startup. It does this for any modpack, even vanilla minecraft. I am running the latest version of Java 8 64-bit with 2gb ram allocated to the technic launcher. Crash report can be found here. I have found several people with the same problem, but nobody has an answer that works for me.

Edit: It works now, thank you, JaariAtmc!

Edited by Pr0d1gy104

2 answers to this question

You appear to be having an issue with an unsupported Intel Graphics device and Windows 10. 
This issue is common for older computers and Windows 10. 
We recommend, if it's a desktop, to get a dedicated graphics, as it is always a better option, anyways. However, there is a fix.
Please press `WindowsKey + X` and click on \"Programs and Features\" and uninstall all copies of Java. 
After that, install Java 7 from this link: http://cdn.lemonmc.com/jre-7u80-windows-x64.exe
Start up the launcher and try again.

7 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

You appear to be having an issue with an unsupported Intel Graphics device and Windows 10. 
This issue is common for older computers and Windows 10. 
We recommend, if it's a desktop, to get a dedicated graphics, as it is always a better option, anyways. However, there is a fix.
Please press `WindowsKey + X` and click on \"Programs and Features\" and uninstall all copies of Java. 
After that, install Java 7 from this link: http://cdn.lemonmc.com/jre-7u80-windows-x64.exe
Start up the launcher and try again.

Ah, dammit. I bought a gtx 750 ti for my 5 year old hp desktop about 3 months ago. My hp computer basically refused to acknowledge the card's existence and even an professional it guy couldn't coerce my computer into cooperation. I'll try what you said, thanks.