Tekkit update mods missing server

ProjectNL

What I found out:

1. You can't upgrade your tekkit server by just downloading the new one and using one of the manny tutorials online BECAUSE the new tekkit pack is missing a holle bunch of Mods.

2. once I did manage to merge the New and the old ... The new client was incomplete :| ... MC itself was trowing a heap of missing-mod-errors.

Concluding: You can upgrade it but only if you are a Nerd :) (I managed it by nerding it up) I would recommend a big sigh at tekkit for failing on the updates... what's tekkit if you can't keep your world? Just finished a giant city and now it won't let me continue if i wants to upgrade? Tsk

(ye ye still, the lord be praized that tekkit excists at all ^^ )

Where has Tekkit been "failing" on updates? Any mods which are missing are either because the mods themselves haven't updated (and in some cases never will), the mod author didn't want their mod to be in the packs, or the mod just got replaced. If you're so worried about losing your city, then just stay with Tekkit Classic. Short of updating the mods yourself and putting the pack together, there's very little anyone can do to fix this. The Technic team are no exception.