Tekkit 3.1.3 random end.of.stream disconnects

lunacat20

Question

Title: Tekkit 3.1.3 random end.of.stream disconnects

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: Java Version: java version "1.7.0_05"

Description of Problem:

Players on my server are randomly getting disconnected because of end of stream errors. This did not happen before tekkit 3.1.3 and everyone has installed everything correctly. The occurences are completely random but frequent. They all have the same java version I have installed and fast computers. They are both on the same internet connection as me and it is only two people. Why is this occuring and how can I fix it?

Error Messages:

21:09:09 [iNFO] muldore lost connection: disconnect. endOfStream

21:27:09 [iNFO] muldore lost connection: disconnect: endOfStream

21:28:09 [iNFO] eburnette lost connection: disconnect: endOfStream

21:29:09 [iNFO] eburnette lost connection: disconnect: endOfStream

Error Log:

6 answers to this question

I can confirm this for 3.1.2 as well. I haven't played that much recently to experience this myself. But I can view the log and see others experience this quite often.

Not sure what might cause this, as I have plenty with memory available, good VPS, and a good connection to the server.

How fast is your internet? Both download and upload speed.

I have no clue how to tell, but I was able to play on Far render distance and Fancy Graphics while setting off multiple nukes in multyplayer with next to no lag. They never complain about lag but the disconnections are frequent.

I have the same issue, users get end of stream, managed to track down the issue though on my particular server. For me it's caused by said player being in a chunk that has a redstone timer set lower than 3 seconds. I've sort of remedied it by flying really far away and putting a bunch of redstone timers at low intervals and running them wirelessly with a dimensional anchor but seems kind of silly to have to do that. That said, I'm not sure why but users usually have really low connection quality when they connect to me (seen by pressing Tab key) even though I have 30Mbps/3Mbps connection.

I have the same issue, users get end of stream, managed to track down the issue though on my particular server. For me it's caused by said player being in a chunk that has a redstone timer set lower than 3 seconds. I've sort of remedied it by flying really far away and putting a bunch of redstone timers at low intervals and running them wirelessly with a dimensional anchor but seems kind of silly to have to do that. That said, I'm not sure why but users usually have really low connection quality when they connect to me (seen by pressing Tab key) even though I have 30Mbps/3Mbps connection.

thanks man, the whole timer thing works!