Updating Thermal Expansion for the TechnicPack Dev Build

moshonkel

I am trying to install a newer version of thermal expansion (2.0+) to the technicklauncher dev built. But i have a couple of questions.

1. When i am in minecraft it says its version 1.25 and in the launcher it says 1.42, which one is it?

2. I assume i need Forge version 6.4.0.380 and thermal expansion 2.0.6 for mc version 1.4.2 is this correct?

Thats all for now, it would be really nice if someone could help me out.

The Launcher runs on Minecraft 1.2.5 (this is the most stable version). There is a dev build out for 1.4.2 but from what I have seen it is not downloading/launching correctly. You need whatever forge version works with the Minecraft version you are running.

Thermal Expansion 2.0+ is for MC 1.4+, last I checked. That means you would need to install the dev. build of Technic for MC 1.4.2, which as Jorcer said is a bit buggy at the moment. That's why it's a dev. build. Rest assured that Thermal Expansion is a cool enough mod that the new versions of Technic are almost guaranteed to include it - it's just a matter of having some patience, and playing it stand-alone or figuring out how to integrate it yourself if you can't find an answer.