Can't make my modpack work

janks123

I've been working on making a modpack for me and my buddies for a while now (I got the server thing covered), but now that we've picked out the mods and the minecraft version, I just can't get the darn thing to work. I've watched most of the guides to making your own modpack and tried what they did, but it never ended up working. Can someone please walk me through this? Neither the videos with step by step procedures nor the forum posts seem to work and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. You can either send me a private message (so you can walk me through it on sharescreen skype or something) or just comment- make the steps as simple as possible, I don't want to do something wrong again.

We chose over 100 mods, including Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2, Twilight forest and many more for 1.7.10. The name of the modpack is currently: Friends and Random. So far it went from launching in vanilla, to launching with only forge and now it won't even launch.

11 hours ago, janks123 said:

I've been working on making a modpack for me and my buddies for a while now (I got the server thing covered), but now that we've picked out the mods and the minecraft version, I just can't get the darn thing to work. I've watched most of the guides to making your own modpack and tried what they did, but it never ended up working. Can someone please walk me through this? Neither the videos with step by step procedures nor the forum posts seem to work and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. You can either send me a private message (so you can walk me through it on sharescreen skype or something) or just comment- make the steps as simple as possible, I don't want to do something wrong again.

We chose over 100 mods, including Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2, Twilight forest and many more for 1.7.10. The name of the modpack is currently: Friends and Random. So far it went from launching in vanilla, to launching with only forge and now it won't even launch.

Now, lets start the analysis:

• Your bin folder is fine, don't change it.
  • Your mods folder contains a copy of your mods folder, this pretty much doubles your filesize. Remove that copy.
  • Your mods folder contains a few mods that are not from their original source, like Dungeonpack and StatusEffectHud.
  • You forgot to include OpenModsLib, without it, your pack will not launch.
  • WildCaves as included in your pack does not exist. Either use Cavebiomes or stop downloading crap off modrepost sites.

1 minute ago, janks123 said:

I fixed the wrong mods and got the original versions, but now it won't let me start the download. I tried linking it from MediaFire and from Dropbox...

Make sure to "update" your modpack version. This will tell the Launcher to check for a "new" pack. After that, restart your launcher.

5 hours ago, janks123 said:

Ok, now I changed some stuff, turns out ChickenCore was outdated too. But now it won't launch when I press play. Help?

ChickenCore was fine, you actually downloaded the version for MC 1.9. Which is why your pack wouldn't start. Also, you will need to have re-add the dungeonpack mod, as right now, its a .zip file of a .jar file. Which is not going to work... (so just readd the file, but make sure it is a jar file).

Also, I got to another screen now, you forgot to add NotEnoughItems (needs to be atleast version 1.0.5, but just use the latest), and you need to update EnderStorage to atleast version 1.4.7 (you are using version 1.4.5 atm).

3 hours ago, janks123 said:

It told me I need buildcraft forge, but now that I've added it it won't launch anymore...

The mod "ThaumcraftGates" requires Buildcraft|transport, but Buildcraft|transport requires Buildcraft|core. So if you were not planning on using Buildcraft in your pack, just drop ThaumcraftGates.

Also, a few more legit mods to spruce up your pack:
Thaumcarpentry

Pam's Desertcraft

Pam's Bonecraft

Dragon Mounts

MrCrayfish Furniture

Also, ran the pack without ThaumcraftGates, your pack requires DummyCore.

Edited by JaariAtmc

3 hours ago, janks123 said:

Added some more of the missing mods, but it's missing another core mod since it shuts off initialising the mods.

JAMI was never updated to 1.7.10. If you saw it somewhere advertised as 1.7.10, that is likely false advertising on such sites to get more clicks.

Edit: After removing JAMI, the ID conflicts start. You have Biome ID conflicts, Enchantment ID conflicts and Potion ID conflicts. Good luck.

Edited by JaariAtmc