Moving existing install mods to new computer

Coffee_Pup

Question

Hi,

My computer just died so I've purchased a new one.  Is there anyway to copy all my mods and existing worlds over to the new laptop?

I've tried copying the /appdata/roaming/.technic folder over from the old harddrive but when I run the launcher it wants to install again, and wipes over the settings and installedPacks file. :(

Any help would be appricated.

My .minecraft folder copied over fine, but this .technic folder is causing me loads of issues and some of the world my son and I haven been playing on for a quite a while and he will be gutted to started again.

TIA

Coffee_Pup

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Coffee_Pup said:

I checked the logs and it was having problems loading the users and installedpacks file.  When I looked at them using notepad++ they were just full of null null null... and the files on the new laptop have the correct info in them.  Looks like something got corrupted along the way. :(

2 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Try only adding the modpacks folder.

They all copied over originally.  I actually restored an old copy from a shadow copy that wasn't corrupted and it still didn't work.

Lucky for me my son came home and said it doesn't matter, he's happy to start again!