Technic Mods

Mooseman9

Question

I have been looking around here, trying to find a way to turn off some mods on the launcher. I have changed my CGI files to launch with notepad. I click on the button that says "Mod Select", and I am shown a screenful of mods all of which are set to on. I find the mods that I want to turn off, and I change the on to off. I am not sure what I was supposed to do, it was either change it to off or leave it blank. Now that I have the mods that I do not want set to 'off', I launch up Technic. I join in my game, and I open my inventory, and BAM! There is Not Enough Items and Item Descriptions. I really do not want my blocks to have the id number after their name, and I do not want NEI. I have been hunting down the forums, and I cannot find a solution. Maybe this thread will help. If you have a solution for me, please tell me so I can fix this right away.

Anyway, if you tl;dr'ed, this: I do not want certain mods. Tell me how to get rid of them.

9 answers to this question

In the nei options it has a button to enable and disable item numbers. Also try just pressing o (oh not Zero) while in your inventory it will hide NEI. Also on the modloader.cfg there is a line "mod_NotEnoughItems=on" switch that to off and make sure you save the file after making the changes and restart the launcher.

In the nei options it has a button to enable and disable item numbers. Also try just pressing o (oh not Zero) while in your inventory it will hide NEI. Also on the modloader.cfg there is a line "mod_NotEnoughItems=on" switch that to off and make sure you save the file after making the changes and restart the launcher.

I know how to hide it, I just want to get rid of it permanantly. And also, I have described what has happened above. When I switch mod_NotEnoughItems=on, to mod_NotEnoughItems=off, I restart the launcher. After this, I launch my game, and NEI is still on.

Will someone please help me? What rupertcow said doesn't work for me. If anyone knows a solution, help!

Try downloading the NEI .jar file and see which files are loaded into your technic minecraft.jar file and eliminate them individually. Or maybe use the MODloader app and see if that can remove the NEI file. Just a blind guess.

www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-110181-smp-chickenbones-mods/

I have been looking around here, trying to find a way to turn off some mods on the launcher. I have changed my CGI files to launch with notepad. I click on the button that says "Mod Select", and I am shown a screenful of mods all of which are set to on. I find the mods that I want to turn off, and I change the on to off. I am not sure what I was supposed to do, it was either change it to off or leave it blank. Now that I have the mods that I do not want set to 'off', I launch up Technic. I join in my game, and I open my inventory, and BAM! There is Not Enough Items and Item Descriptions. I really do not want my blocks to have the id number after their name, and I do not want NEI. I have been hunting down the forums, and I cannot find a solution. Maybe this thread will help. If you have a solution for me, please tell me so I can fix this right away.

Anyway, if you tl;dr'ed, this: I do not want certain mods. Tell me how to get rid of them.

I have set my .cgi files to open with notepad and I can edit it in the launcher, but setting ANY MODS and I mean ANY, the splash screen comes up and then will crash. I set the mods from "on" to "off", when that did not work, I kept it blank after the "=", but it did not work either. I use the .jar version of the launcher and use OS Windows XP 2000 Home Edition.

As Zebrin said, some mods are installed directly into the modpack.jar. I'm pretty sure NEI is one of them. That may prevent you from turning them off with the ModLoader.cfg file (or from the launcher, which really just opens this file). In principle you could edit the contents of modpack.jar to remove these mods, but unless you really know what you're doing, you'll likely break it. If anything, you'd probably be better off building your own modpack.jar by starting with a clean minecraft.jar (from version 1.1) and adding modloader, modloaderMP, forge, and audio mod to it yourself (plus whatever else I've inevitably forgotten). In other words, I'd leave it alone and just hit 'o' to hide NEI.