Java Version: 64 bit

Antivirus Program: MSE

Description of Problem:

Update Failed popup for every modpack, tried reinstalling nothing works

Error Messages:

Update Failed

Error Log:

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	------------------------------------------

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.3.0'

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	Allocated 3640.9375 Mb of RAM

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_09-b05'

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '6.1'

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'true'

[21:53:37] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/mirrors.yml'.

[21:53:38] [sEVERE]	Starting download of 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/CHECKSUM.md5', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[21:53:38] [sEVERE]	Copying: \temp\file5974430764903061948.tmp to: \launcher\CHECKSUM.md5

[21:53:38] [sEVERE]	File Downloaded: \launcher\CHECKSUM.md5

[21:53:38] [sEVERE]	[MD5 Mismatch] File '\launcher\tekkit\modpack.yml' has md5 of '4639a0165cfbc14c497ef89c93002747' instead of 'a153f7d39fc0fb39a6808a6bc40c1909'

[21:53:39] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'modpack.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/tekkit/modpack.yml'.

[21:53:40] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'minecraft.yml' from 'http://206.217.207.1/Technic/minecraft.yml'.

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]	java.lang.NullPointerException

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftYML.compareVersions(MinecraftYML.java:84)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraftVersion(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:58)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraft(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:14)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.GameUpdater.updateMC(GameUpdater.java:129)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:850)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:1)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

[21:53:42] [sEVERE]		at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Possible solution (worked for me)

1. Download minecraft.jar manually for the modpack you need. As some modpacks run on different Minecraft versions, please choose the modpack you want to use: Tekkit, Technic, Yogbox, Hack Slash Mine, Voxel Modpack
  2. Rename the minecraft.jar to minecraft_1.2.5.jar (Tekkit and Technic), minecraft_1.2.3.jar (Yogbox and Hack/Mine), minecraft_1.3.2.jar (Voxel Modpack)
  3. Place the renamed file into %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\cache (you can open the start menu then type %APPDATA% for quick access).
  4. Launch the launcher, select your desired modpack and it should work.

1. Download minecraft.jar manually for the modpack you need. As some modpacks run on different Minecraft versions, please choose the modpack you want to use: Tekkit, Technic, Yogbox, Hack Slash Mine, Voxel Modpack
  2. Rename the minecraft.jar to minecraft_1.2.5.jar (Tekkit and Technic), minecraft_1.2.3.jar (Yogbox and Hack/Mine), minecraft_1.3.2.jar (Voxel Modpack)
  3. Place the renamed file into %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\cache (you can open the start menu then type %APPDATA% for quick access).

what an annoying problem. THank you UKSp0ng3 that seemed to fix my issue :D

Great job my friend! I have been bashing my head against this wall all day, but you just knocked it down for me, Thanks.

This will probably sound incredibly noobish, but where can I download the minecraft.jar?

Look at the post I made.

The modpacks are hyperlinks.

They link to the correct Minecraft.jar for that modpack.

Just click on the modpack you want to use and it'll download the Minecraft.jar compatible with that modpack.

Look at the post I made.

The modpacks are hyperlinks.

They link to the correct Minecraft.jar for that modpack.

Just click on the modpack you want to use and it'll download the Minecraft.jar compatible with that modpack.

Okay, thanks. Didn't notice that.

Works up until I get to my server. Keeps telling me I do not have the correct mods. Digging into it.

i still dont under stand when i download the link it gos to winrar and thats were i get stuck

Right click and select 'openwith' and then chose the default program. Change it to JavaPlatform SE Binary. Then follow the fellows instructions on where to put it :)