Modpack Server Error

CloroxBleach

Ok, so i port forwarded it with the ports. I'm gonna test it to see if I can get on it, and then if a friend can get on.

So would I give my friend my external IP? Aka the one I get from searching on a web browser, what's my ip? Or does he connect through the one i just created.

1. New problem, I can't connect to the server. I took out the IP from server.properties, after doing all that you said, portforwarding the correct ip and ports. I typed it in correctly. It says Connecting to Server for around 20 seconds before saying java.net.connectexception: Connection Timed Out: no further information

Here's the problem, though. Every time I try to connect now, it just gives me the java.blablabla i posted above error like my friend got. I can't connect. I think it would still work if I used the 192.168.7.x which is weird. Any help? I'll be gone for an hour working out, so just post all the stuff i need.

Help?

Weird, I did what you said but it didn't change my stuff in ipconfig. Not sure what that's about. Does the router need a restart? My pc need a restart?

Pretty sure i'm not supposed to give you my ipv4, if that's what you mean. Or do you mean my external ip, which I also can't give to you.

• Moderators

It sounds like you didn't actually change its IP. Review the instructions for changing the IP of your server to 192.168.1.200 and try it again. When you are done, IPCONFIG should report the new address. You don't need to reboot. 

Nope. Tried it over and over. Doesn't work. It still stays with the .7s. The tutorial shows to set it to the  configured settings of your computer, not .200 or the .1s. I'll try doing that. My old router was the one that was dynamic and moved from .1s all the time. This time, our router has a static ipv4 with 192.168.7.x. I used to be able to make a modded server with my old router, but now all the sudden I am having trouble. So I'll try the tutorial with my .7s, then, if i'm not wrong, I give my friend my external IP? The one I can find on what's my IP? Or is it some different problem.