Tekkit: The Noob Guide

Nithlus

Is it "Noob Guide Tekkit"? "Tekkit Noob Guide"? or "Tekkit Noob to Pro Guide"? You refer to it as 3 different things in 1 post.

Default texture pack is a must for making any tutorials or guides, especially for noobs.

I would avoid playing on a server when making tutorials or guides.

I stopped watching after 7 minutes when I realized you haven't even started making a basic machine or power like the title suggested. You started to, but then you got distracted on how to get rubber since you didn't cover that. Rubber should be day one in any tekkit guide imo.

Is it "Noob Guide Tekkit"? "Tekkit Noob Guide"? or "Tekkit Noob to Pro Guide"? You refer to it as 3 different things in 1 post.

Default texture pack is a must for making any tutorials or guides, especially for noobs.

I would avoid playing on a server when making tutorials or guides.

I stopped watching after 7 minutes when I realized you haven't even started making a basic machine or power like the title suggested. You started to, but then you got distracted on how to get rubber since you didn't cover that. Rubber should be day one in any tekkit guide imo.

Thank you for the Constructive Criticism, video one has been posted in place of video two, its a little less tekkit based but you will see me mention the rubber and say i will go into it later, hence it not being covered till video two.

I'm not using the default texture pack because i cant stand it and i imagine most people use a new texture pack for tekkit after having played minecraft previously.

the reason for playing on a server instead of single player is because tekkit is a multiplayer mod and will be including all aspects of tekkit including the multiplayer sides of it, so being on a server is a must.

The title did not say you will have machines within 7 minutes, so i dont know where that came from, but thanks for the rest of your criticism it has been taken into account.

the reason for playing on a server instead of single player is because tekkit is a multiplayer mod and will be including all aspects of tekkit including the multiplayer sides of it, so being on a server is a must.

I can understand that, but remember, all servers are set up completely different, if it's a guide for noobs, and things are different from the guide, people get confused.

The title did not say you will have machines within 7 minutes, so i dont know where that came from, but thanks for the rest of your criticism it has been taken into account.

No, it didn't. But your title is "Tekkit - Noob Guide #02 Basic power & Machines", you would think that 7 minutes into a guide video, you would have shown something towards the topic.

Just the way I see it, but when I look at a video for a guide to something, I want to know how to do it. Basic power. Why I need it, what my options are, and how do I build it? Boom. 5 min video with everything covered.

I see your series more as a Let's Play series, not a system of guides.

Its kind of a mix of guide and play through so that you progress with the video, following along. i feel that if i actually "play & teach" rather than just "teach" it will help people see what you are realistically going to use things for rather than just throwing it at them and expecting them to know all its uses.

but i get what you mean, i don't get strait to the point and this series probably isn't for everybody especially if you want things to be taken mega seriously.

but i think this a way of making a guide that hasn't really been done before, its like a lets play with "most" of the pointless stuff removed and everything that is being done gets explained.

hope that makes sense and you understand where i'm coming from.

• 8 months later...

I can understand that, but remember, all servers are set up completely different, if it's a guide for noobs, and things are different from the guide, people get confused.

No, it didn't. But your title is "Tekkit - Noob Guide #02 Basic power & Machines", you would think that 7 minutes into a guide video, you would have shown something towards the topic.

Just the way I see it, but when I look at a video for a guide to something, I want to know how to do it. Basic power. Why I need it, what my options are, and how do I build it? Boom. 5 min video with everything covered.

tip build a generator

• 4 weeks later...