Launcher Won't Open

GiraffeRider

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.3.2

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Java Version: 7u9 64 bit

Antivirus Program: Microsoft Security Essentials

Description of Problem:

Whenever I try to open the .exe or the jar nothing happens. I open Task Manager and it shows Java Platform SE binary under processes. It's running on the javaw.exe and I tried running it with the java.exe but that didn't make a difference. Also tried running it from my USB with JavaPortableLauncher but the same thing happened. I gave java more RAM to run of off and less and still nothing. I've also completely removed Java and reinstalled it as well as downgrading but to no avail.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

11 answers to this question

I'm having a similar problem with one out of my three computers... the other ones work but this one does not... Whenever i open my technic launcher it shows a message saying "checking launcher version" and then pops up a windows helper saying: Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.techniclauncher.net in your webbrowser. I dont know what to about that... i opened it a million times, reinstalled technic launcher... updated java... I can't seem to get it to work... can you guys help me out?

I'm having a similar problem with one out of my three computers... the other ones work but this one does not... Whenever i open my technic launcher it shows a message saying "checking launcher version" and then pops up a windows helper saying: Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.techniclauncher.net in your webbrowser. I dont know what to about that... i opened it a million times, reinstalled technic launcher... updated java... I can't seem to get it to work... can you guys help me out?

We can help you if you post your own bug report.