Unwanted link to modpack

Darkalius

Question

So this happened to me. I had my custom modpack on my computer and technic thought that because there suddonly was a modpack called the same on it's site, it was supposed to link it.

So now my custom modpack got linked to some unwanted modpack and was constantly bugging me with wanting an update.

And in the end I misclicked the yes and lost my whole modpack. Technic shouldn't force modpacks to link with the site. There should be a url option or path option that allows you to have local modpacks in peace of this bull...

I hope the developers read this and will work on not screwing up local modpacks...

4 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Darkalius said:

So this happened to me. I had my custom modpack on my computer and technic thought that because there suddonly was a modpack called the same on it's site, it was supposed to link it.

So now my custom modpack got linked to some unwanted modpack and was constantly bugging me with wanting an update.

So, how exactly did you make that local custom modpack?

On 18/9/2016 at 0:38 PM, JaariAtmc said:

So, how exactly did you make that local custom modpack?

First of all I copied the lines of an existing modpack in installed packs file and changed the names and made a custom folder named the same as what I called it in the file. When I did it, there wasn't any modpack with that name, so never knew it would link it automaticly. It's not that hard to make tbh.

You just need to be sure you make the lines you add in the installed packs file right and that you have the right version for mods.

8 minutes ago, Darkalius said:

First of all I copied the lines of an existing modpack in installed packs file and changed the names and made a custom folder named the same as what I called it in the file. When I did it, there wasn't any modpack with that name, so never knew it would link it automaticly. It's not that hard to make tbh.

You just need to be sure you make the lines you add in the installed packs file right and that you have the right version for mods.

And why not just make a technicpack account and add your own pack?