Need help setting up server

dxxmage

I find if its better and more stable to keep a balance is better, Java Xmx1G -Xms1G.

i played around with these settings and after a full day of building the server was still running but java run out of memory and would not allow me to save the map as i believe this command is to give 1G to Minecraft and 1G to java for its tasks, but i could be wrong, but the problem never happened when both where of = value while pushing the server to its limits with lots of MC building.

Also adding a loop to your batch file might help with server restarts.

@echo off << looks better

java -Xmx8G -Xms8G -jar tekkit.jar nogui

Echo would you like to restart the server press any key to continue....

Echo Or Press Ctrl+C to stop the server from restart....

timeout /t 60

Echo Your Server is Restarting...

call launch.bat

With that you will be able to reboot your server in game with out going to console.( i hope ) ;)

or you could be really cool and add the following.

@echo off << looks better

java -Xmx8G -Xms8G -jar tekkit.jar nogui

Echo Server will now backup...

%zip% or %rar% exe %commands% %:\tekkitserver\%world name% %where you would to put your backup%

Echo Your Server is now backed up....

Echo would you like to restart the server press any key to continue....

Echo Or Press Ctrl+C to stop the server from restart....

timeout /t 60

Echo Your Server is Restarting...

call launch.bat

Download your Fav Compression program that will work in command prompted, then place its exe in the folder of your tekkit server

go into command prompt type in %name of compression prog.exe /help it will give you a list of commands that you can add to your batch file to make a backup of your server.

Remember people batch was made for this so use it, if you do not know the commands for batch google it, you will find lots of commands, if not i will slap you with the MS-DOS book!!!! in hope that you will gain the know how of MS-DOS. Just kidding or am i?

Pm me if you have any problems.