My Technic Launcher will "launch" a game when I click play and then after a few seconds return to the launcher screen

bagelseller224

Question

I hope this is the right forum to post my question. I have an issue with the launcher where when I go to play one of my modpacks the launcher will disappear for a few seconds and then reappear as if nothing happened. At first I thought it was my java, so I tried updating that and then when that didn't work I tried different versions. And then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the modpacks. And after all my fiddling, I still haven't found a solution. Can someone please help? (If you need to know, I'm running Java 8 64 bit and i'm giving it 2 GB of RAM. And the modpacks I'm trying to run are Attack of the B-Team and Terrafirmacraft.)

3 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, bagelseller224 said:

You appear to be having an issue with an unsupported Intel Graphics device and windows 10. This issue is common for older computers and windows 10. If your computer is a desktop, we recommend getting a dedicated graphics card, as it is a better option. If that is not possible, there is a fix:

Java 8:

1.) Close the launcher. Make sure it isn't running!

2.) Download and install: https://download.uskarian.net/java/jre-8u25-windows-x64.exe

3.) Start up the launcher

4.) Launcher options -> Java settings -> Minecraft Java Version -> pick 1.8.0_25 64-Bit

5.) Attempt to launch a modpack. DO NOT update Java 8 as versions past this one do not work.

OR

Java 7:

1.) Close the launcher. Make sure it isn't running!

2.) Download and install: https://download.uskarian.net/java/jre-7u80-windows-x64.exe

3.) Start up the launcher

4.) Launcher options -> Java settings -> Minecraft Java Version -> pick 1.7.0_80 64-Bit

5.) Attempt to launch a modpack.