Worn out Server

cjp240573

Hi. I had problems logging into server (tekkit ones) but I seem to have got that sorted out now. However I have noticed a few things when logging into Tekkit servers when trying to get a foothold in them which might.. might lead way for an idea for a MOD.

The problem is this...

Tekkit makes a mess out of a server, period. The mods and tools you have creates massive dents in the world, the ease of MASS mining and resource collecting make a world a nightmare... Most server I have joined have portals to areas of the world you can build and mine but when you get there, everything is gone. minerals, massive holes, grass, trees, wood. Grass is the major cause you cant get seeds, all the animals are gone.. been killed so I just end up dying of hunger. You have no money usually... Would it not be nice for a mod to be in place that puts things back after a while so you can keep gathering and not run out of stuff... I like to call this the Worn Out World Syndrome.

Your thoughts?

Hi. I had problems logging into server (tekkit ones) but I seem to have got that sorted out now. However I have noticed a few things when logging into Tekkit servers when trying to get a foothold in them which might.. might lead way for an idea for a MOD.

The problem is this...

Tekkit makes a mess out of a server, period. The mods and tools you have creates massive dents in the world, the ease of MASS mining and resource collecting make a world a nightmare... Most server I have joined have portals to areas of the world you can build and mine but when you get there, everything is gone. minerals, massive holes, grass, trees, wood. Grass is the major cause you cant get seeds, all the animals are gone.. been killed so I just end up dying of hunger. You have no money usually... Would it not be nice for a mod to be in place that puts things back after a while so you can keep gathering and not run out of stuff... I like to call this the Worn Out World Syndrome.

Your thoughts?

Some servers solve this problem by having one world for building and one world for mining. Personally I have EE disabled and most other easy-world-raping items like quarries nerfed to some extent so they can't be used as much.

I bet there's a plugin that does what you say out there already. I know Towny has a regeneration option, but I know it doesn't work well with certain RP2 items, namely microblocks.