Modpack download stops at 99% for multiple links

darkfirev0100

Question

Hello, here is the error I'm getting: 
I've used every file uploading mechanic I have been able to find, including SourceForge, Mega.nz, dropbox with half a dozen suggested URL changes, Google Drive, and more. I could only upload successfully one time using a dropbox link that had dl instead of www, and dropboxusercontent. run=1 might have also been used. When that was uploaded, even having the exact same files as our other test pack, it opened only vanilla Minecraft, placing the modpack file that was uploaded in the pack's .technic directory, not replacing the mods, config or bin file, just keeping it all in the single file "modpack."

I'm not sure if this is a problem with your servers, or what, I think a lot of us would appreciate a list of working modpack hosts, as the ones from 2013, 2014 and 2015 no longer seem to work.

Edited by darkfirev0100
Problem was found and solved

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, darkfirev0100 said:

Hello, here is the error I'm getting:
I've used every file uploading mechanic I have been able to find, including SourceForge, Mega.nz, dropbox with half a dozen suggested URL changes, Google Drive, and more. I could only upload successfully one time using a dropbox link that had dl instead of www, and dropboxusercontent. run=1 might have also been used. When that was uploaded, even having the exact same files as our other test pack, it opened only vanilla Minecraft, placing the modpack file that was uploaded in the pack's .technic directory, not replacing the mods, config or bin file, just keeping it all in the single file "modpack."

Your modpack.zip, did you make it as a .rar, then rename it to .zip? As that is kinda what I can see from the file. This also means that the Launcher cannot use the file. You really have to zip it, not rar it.

Just now, JaariAtmc said:

Your modpack.zip, did you make it as a .rar, then rename it to .zip? As that is kinda what I can see from the file. This also means that the Launcher cannot use the file. You really have to zip it, not rar it.

I used 7zip to zip the file. I don't think I've ever made a rar before. On my desktop it also shows that it is a .zip, with the zipped folder icon and all.

5 minutes ago, darkfirev0100 said:

I used 7zip to zip the file. I don't think I've ever made a rar before. On my desktop it also shows that it is a .zip, with the zipped folder icon and all.

Could you try opening the file without using 7zip (open it as if it is a normal folder)? If you cannot open it, the file's corrupted somehow, and you'll have to zip the original files again.

34 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

Could you try opening the file without using 7zip (open it as if it is a normal folder)? If you cannot open it, the file's corrupted somehow, and you'll have to zip the original files again.

You are correct, the files are corrupted. Do you have any idea how I would fix it?