Jump to content
  • 0

technic launcher stuck on logo


Question

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

As the output states that's not Java 8. That's Java 9.

The Technic launcher, Forge, nor Minecraft supports Java 9.

1.) Up a terminal a terminal and enter these one at a time:

$ sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.jdk/
$ sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
$ sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

2.) Install JDK 8 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

9pqT73R.png

 

3.) Restart your computer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ok the easiest way to do this is to run this in you terminal

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8`
cd /Users/yourname/Desktop/Technic 
java -jar TechnicLauncher.jar

make sure you replace your name with what ever the location is 

also make sure technic is on your desktop or else change the location

the point is to cd the location of the technic file i put it in a folder called technic for my use of ease

But Running this from terminal every time you want to use technic suck so what you need to do is to go into automator and search run click run shell script then insert the code you use

I hope this helped you :D

Just sent this so i get notified of replies

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/22/2018 at 0:43 AM, NaiduBoys said:

Ok the easiest way to do this is to run this in you terminal

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8`
cd /Users/yourname/Desktop/Technic 
java -jar TechnicLauncher.jar

make sure you replace your name with what ever the location is 

also make sure technic is on your desktop or else change the location

the point is to cd the location of the technic file i put it in a folder called technic for my use of ease

But Running this from terminal every time you want to use technic suck so what you need to do is to go into automator and search run click run shell script then insert the code you use

I hope this helped you :D

Just sent this so i get notified of replies

is there anyway we can talk I need help

like on discord or skype or ts

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/27/2017 at 7:48 PM, Lord Ptolemy said:

As the output states that's not Java 8. That's Java 9.

The Technic launcher, Forge, nor Minecraft supports Java 9.

1.) Up a terminal a terminal and enter these one at a time:

$ sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.jdk/
$ sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
$ sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

2.) Install JDK 8 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

9pqT73R.png

 

3.) Restart your computer.

NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO TYPE YOUR VERSION OF JAVA WHERE IT SAYS jdk-9.jdk

Type in

java - version

 

you will get a result that says something like:

java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-468)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-468, mixed mode)

copy whatever is where [VERSION] is in this line

java version "[VERSION]"

then paste it into where it says [version] here

sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/[VERSION].jdk/

now type in 

sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

then

sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

now retype

java -version

it should say you have no java. if not go back to the beginning replacing [VERSION] with your new result

install version 8 and restart

Edited by beybladeboy12
more detail
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/4/2019 at 1:48 AM, beybladeboy12 said:

NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO TYPE YOUR VERSION OF JAVA WHERE IT SAYS jdk-9.jdk

Type in

java - version

 

you will get a result that says something like:

java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-468)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-468, mixed mode)

copy whatever is where [VERSION] is in this line

java version "[VERSION]"

then paste it into where it says [version] here

sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/[VERSION].jdk/

now type in 

sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

then

sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

now retype

java -version

it should say you have no java. if not go back to the beginning replacing [VERSION] with your new result

install version 8 and restart

It is unnecessary to uninstall Technic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/27/2017 at 7:48 PM, Lord Ptolemy said:

As the output states that's not Java 8. That's Java 9.

The Technic launcher, Forge, nor Minecraft supports Java 9.

1.) Up a terminal a terminal and enter these one at a time:

$ sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.jdk/
$ sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
$ sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

2.) Install JDK 8 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

9pqT73R.png

 

3.) Restart your computer.

how do u open a terminal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...