Problem getting Forge in my Technic Modpack

Dark7h0r

I follow the instructions at "How to make a Minecraft modpack", or I try to. The problem starts in step 3 and 4 which reads, "

3. Decide what version of Minecraft you want to make your pack for, and download the Minecraft Forge Universal Jar. You will probably want to download the Recommended version, unless one of your mods requires a newer Forge version.

4. Run the installer you just downloaded."

I can't run the universal installer. The forge version ending in "-installer" works fine though. When I try running the forge version ending in "-universal" nothing happens on my Windows 10 machine. But if I run the command 

java -jar "forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854-universal.jar"

I get the following error:

We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:52)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)

I've tried downloading the necessary files according to this article but still not working. (I tried putting them in a ./libraries/ folder relative to the forge-(version)-universal.jar file and in the same directory as the forge file.)

Other things I've tried to do when making my Technic modpack:

* I've tried using the forge<version>-installer.jar, selecting the "extract" option and using the resulting forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854.jar file, renaming it to modpack.jar and placing it in a directory called /bin/. Again, this does not work when testing my modpack. (You can test my modpack, which is here)

* I've also tried just taking the forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854-universal.jar file, renaming it to 'modpack.jar' and placing this in my /bin/ directory. Still, when I test the modpack forge does not install on the client.

I think that is about all the detail I can provide. But please if there are any questions I can answer, please let me know in a reply below.