Bug with install forge for version 1.12.2-14.23.5.2854

wadegrenade

Question

I have uploaded my own modpack to the Technic Launcher for ease of use for some of my friends who don't know how to mod Minecraft, it also makes it easier to get all the mods to them. I have done this several times before, and I am pretty sure I am doing it right. I have both extracted forge through the installer (making sure to change the name to "modpack") and uploading the universal forge file, and neither of them work.
Checking through the modpack folders to make sure it is downloading the modpack file proves that it is installing it but when you click play it doesn't launch forge and instead launches vanilla Minecraft.

Going back and changing the version of forge to a much older one works fine, but some of the mods I have require a newer version and the newer versions just don't work.

If I could either get some help in figuring out whether or not I am doing something wrong or if someone could tell me it is a bug I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!

also here is the link to my modpack so you can look through it yourselves, current version of forge in the bin folder is 1.12.1-14.23.5.2854 (the newest version for 1.12.2)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5i2cu1fcin089k/The Order of Magi.zip?dl=0

1 answer to this question