Modified Factions for Tekkit 2.1.1 with support for Auto-Mining and Forestry

termhn

Question

*READ THE WHOLE POST, DON'T JUST SKIP TO DOWNLOADS. IT WON'T WORK*

I have a fix for the bug with factions where Turtles, IC2 miners, quarries, farms, etc. don't work on claimed land. Just worked this out myself with the Factions developer. He fixed this problem in the new update, but that version is only 1.1 R6 and up compatible. So, I re-built his source for 1.1 R4 and now it's working perfectly on my server . I'll link to a download of the jar, but you'll also need to re-gen a conf.json (delete old one) and edit it a little bit.

Open up conf.json inside your Factions folder and look for this line:

"playersWhoBypassAllProtection": []

Just do a Ctrl + F if you're on windows or Cmd + F on mac and find "players". Then add all the names of the fake players used in between those brackets. An example would be

"playersWhoBypassAllProtection": ["[buildCraft]", "[industralCraft]", "[RedPower]", "[ComputerCraft]", "[Forestry]"]

A LAST, IMPORTANT STEP (Thanks to vidplace7 for this fix :) )

Download the other file linked below and navigate to your server folder. There should be a folder called lib, and inside that gson.jar. Delete the one that's currently in there and drag the new one you downloaded in. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS FOLDER: Start your server once without doing this and it should create the folder (IT WILL THROW AN ERROR!). Shut your server down again and then do the above.

And then you should be good

PS:

Yes, I know people can place blocks within other factions land! That is because of how Tekkit modifies CB, not because of Factions! You can find a fix here:

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4645.0.html

Downloads:

Modified Jar for Tekkit 2.1.1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10200380/Factions.jar

Old version of gson.jar: http://www.mediafire.com/?o133ub9x3mggdk5

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Re: *FIX* Turtles, Miners, Quarries, Farms don't work on Faction land

I made a ticket with the plugin author be he removed it because i was using 1.6.7 factions, i have re-posted and displayed errors for more than just one version. Now i have tried every single version of factions there is with no luck, including your modified 1.6.7 version.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/factions/tickets/133-factions-will-not-load/

Did you modify conf.json? Getting a different version won't matter if you don't modify the option to USE the feature. Also, which version of Tekkit are you using? This is only tested on 2.1.1, though it should work with 2.0+

Theres still a problem;

People can build ANYWHERE the wish be it in their land, be it not in their land? Could you take a look for me?

This is a KNOWN ISSUE with EVERY protection plugin. Read stickies. The problem is with tekkit itself, not Factions. Because of how tekkit modifies bukkit, it has the glitch of not passing the BlockPlace event on, so Factions doesn't even know the block has been placed. :/ Sorry, hope the technic team will work on a fix.

Theres still a problem;

People can build ANYWHERE the wish be it in their land, be it not in their land? Could you take a look for me?

here is a fix to help the "blockplacement" event work within tekkit. im not sure if it works with factions yet but it should since factions hooks to worldguard.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4645.0.html

I've tried using your modified Factions.jar on both Linux and Windows, both refuse to create the default conf.json, after investigating it seems it's spouting off some errors about the gson.jar.. if I put in an already created conf.json from my other server it just sits in a loop saying invalid faction data.. what am I doing wrong?

[Factions v1.6.7] === ENABLE START ===

2012-04-07 19:10:54 [iNFO] [Factions v1.6.7] Downloading library gson.jar

2012-04-07 19:10:55 [iNFO] [Factions v1.6.7] Creating default: plugins\Factions\conf.json

2012-04-07 19:10:55 [sEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Factions v1.6.7 (Is it up to date?): null

java.lang.AssertionError

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$EnumTypeAdapter.<init>(TypeAdapters.java:686)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$24.create(TypeAdapters.java:715)

at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.create(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:52)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.<init>(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:82)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.createBoundField(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:81)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:118)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:72)

at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:538)

at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:525)

at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:480)

at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:460)

at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.save(Persist.java:116)

at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persist.java:80)

at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persist.java:72)

at com.massivecraft.factions.Conf.load(Conf.java:352)

at com.massivecraft.factions.P.onEnable(P.java:83)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:1057)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:380)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:200)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:183)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:360)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:347)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:178)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:411)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

Alright I delted it, deleted the factions folder again, reloaded, it creates the folder, then hangs at the same spot again with the same error(s) and it does download the gson again as well.

I tried it also with a backup from earlier before I had touched Factions in any way, same results.

Any suggestions?

I'm not really an expert with this stuff, you could try posting your error (PASTEBIN!!!!) on the Factions plugin page. Make sure to tell that you're using my modified version. This is an error that I thought I fixed when making it :P

Thanks for the fix :)

Thank YOU for the modified Factions.jar it has been great for my players to be able to set up quarries and such in their own land :D

You should really post the gson.jar link to the main post so people dont have to search down here for a fix :P

Every time i try and Edit the File(config.json), it just changes back :/ Any Tips?

If you edit it incorrectly, it will revert back... not sure what to tell you. What exactly are you doing and how are you doing it?