Reached end of stream + read timed out crashing the tekkit [Paying 5$]

Hello guys my name is Radu.

My community is suffering along this bug for like 2 weeks now.My second server is having alot of troubles because it shuts down randomly and I need to open it up again in order for it to start.Before it has spammed reached end of stream without consequences, but now it seems that it crashes randomly or/when a/more specific person/s join/s it crashes it aswell.

Also the server isn't really crashing, its just spamming the reached end of stream and read timed out error and when someone tries to join it automatically kicks him on the reason "reached end of stream"

I'm 100% that reached end of stream is not caused by people who are pinging my server, its spamming reached end of stream twice a minute.

I've been battleing with this for quite a while and I have no console error so not really much I can show you.You can see the community at www.RuneCraft.org, my skype is "sitaruradu" and please help me!I will offer a 5$ reward for the person who will help me get rid of it.I'm sure no plugin is interfieing with this.

Seriously you do not need to offer a reward for people to help you. We are all nice people. To be able to help you, I need more info, like error reports, what version of java/tekkit you have, what OS you have and suchlike. However, I will say this: are you sure you have allocated enough RAM/memory for your server. If the amount of members you have is increasing, you need to adjust the amount of memory sufficiently. Also, and end of stream disconnect may indicate that your server cannot keep up, as in there is too much to load when someone access your server. Make sure you allocate enough RAM to your server and your launcher, and ask your members to do the same.

PS: When I tried to look at your site, my antivirus blocked it on the grounds of it being a 'Malicious URL'. You may want to look into that......

It is still causing problems :(,.

Let me give you the info.

The error report:

I don't want to spam cause it only looks like "Reached end of stream" and when the server crashes it is "read timed out".

The server is hosted by Nitrado.net so I don't know what version of java they use.

Tekkit.jar is the 3.1.3 version.

I invseted a lil money to see if the ram was the problem, but it ain't :(.It isn't a power problem.

I don't think the plugins are the problem cause i recive no error whatsoever.

1 more important notice to take:When a person joins [ussualy random person] the server crashes.Altough some people can join and the server won't crash.

The message 'read timed out' is extremely vague, but what I can tell from the little info you've given me is there is a huge lagspike whenever someone joins. This could be down to

not enough RAM allocation to run the server fully, a local issue with one of the mods (I will need the error report in order to confirm this) or your Internet is simply not fast enough to hold the server. Generally, players are rejected when there is more than 1 MB of data pending in stream. What are your upload/download speeds like? Also, stop stalling and post the damn error report!

Edit: Also, think about how many programmes/processes are running in the background when you run the server. You may think that enough RAM has been allocated, but if you have loads of programmes running in the background this will chew up enough memory to crash Tekkit. Also, do your players have high graphics settings and low Internet speeds? If the server is playable up until a point where a player joins, it might mean that player has overloaded the server's capacity, thus causing a crash.

There are so many problems here that should be obvious. Firstly, a load of your players haven't updated to 3.1.3 yet, so the server is rejecting them, as they are missing the new versions of the ComputerCraft, Railcraft, IndustrialCraft and CC Turtles. Secondly, you say it is not your plugins causing this, but from a look at this log, I would suggest it, and I would suggest it is Tekkit Restrict which is causing this. You can either remove it completely, or a common fix is to disable chunk unloader and inventory throttle. THis should help stabilize your server, but it may still crash for another reason.

Network irregularities may also be causing this. Have you updated your hardware/software recently? Also try re-installing your java, and ensuring it has proper firewall access. You can rule this out if you try running the server from another computer, and it still doesn't work.

I will try and simulate this server and see what comes up. Hopefully, this is just a plugin issue with Tekkit Restrict.

This is why I prefer hosting my own servers, so I know that if something goes wrong I can fix it. I think your server is contradicting itself here, causing a crash. Its a pain, but you may have to get in contact with Nitrado and tell them you are restarting your server because it has crashed out. Of course, this could be their fault too, if their servers are malfunctioning in some way.

Ah yes. This is an IC2 API error. No idea why it is occurring like this though. You need to patch your IC2 server files. This should fix the problem, but it might not considering this is a different set of CLASS files. To patch, follow these steps:

Download link to the fix is here (zip file): http://ge.tt/7Gc1l7S/v/1

To fix the IC2 Tekkit 3.1.3 crashing, do the following:

1. Stop your Tekkit 3.1.3 server (if not already stopped...or crashed ^_^ )

2. Go to your Tekkit server mods folder

2. Find the file called: "industrialcraft2-1.103-mcpc1.2.5r2.zip"

3. Open the zip file and go into the ic2/api directory (no need to decompress it - just edit directly)

4. Delete ElectricItem.class, EnergyNet.class, and NetworkHelper.class

5. Download the class fix .zip in the above link

6. Copy the 3 classes from the downloaded zip and paste them into ic2 zip api folder where you just deleted the others

7. Close your ic2 zip and start your server. It should no longer crash relating to this specific interface fix. (It may crash for other reasons, however.)

[NOTE: This change is only for 3.1.3 installs, not 3.1.2]

Thanks to Tekkitopotamus for the fix.

If this doesn't work, say so and I'll see what I can do about patching the affected files that aren't in the above fix.

I had the exact same issue.

Look closely at your logs you may see something like this:

[iNFO] Reached end of stream

[iNFO] /127.0.0.1:37234 lost connection

Turns out I had a rouge local app trying to act upon the server. Once I tracked it down and killed it, problem solved.

Another fix:

Depending on your server set up, mod files can become corrupt. Remove them and try a fresh start. This solution worked on another server of mine.

I had the exact same issue.

Look closely at your logs you may see something like this:

[iNFO] /127.0.0.1:37234 lost connection

Turns out I had a rouge local app trying to act upon the server. Once I tracked it down and killed it, problem solved.

Another fix:

Depending on your server set up, mod files can become corrupt. Remove them and try a fresh start. This solution worked on another server of mine.

I'm sorry for the late reply!But what do you mean by the text that i underlined?