Tekkit Classic Update to 1.4.6 or Tekkit Lite Supporting Bukkit?

Well Tekkit Lite just recently came out and it is updated to 1.4.6 which is great but it does not have any support for Bukkit which is a downside for Tekkit servers who want to update to 1.4.6 but want to keep Bukkit. So my question is, will Tekkit Classic ever update to 1.4.6 because it supports Bukkit and would be great for servers to stay up or will Tekkit Lite ever support Bukkit? Because as we all know, Tekkit servers who support Bukkit cannot stay on 1.2.5 forever...

Also on top of this, I am not completely sure, but I believe Jeb from Mojang also said that 1.5 or 1.6 of Minecraft will include the Mod API and hopefully fix this issue and include plugins without the required use of Bukkit and also fix the issue of mods as well without the use of Forge. I would like to discuss this issue because I too am a Tekkit Classic 1.2.5 server owner with Bukkit and I would like to update my server to 1.4.6 WITH BUKKIT.

Bukkit is on it's way out of popularity. You won't need it once ForgeEssentials gets their shit together. Once FE is stable, there will be absolutely zero reason to use Bukkit.

I have tryed Forge Essentials a little and will have to say they have a long way to go before they can cover atleast the plugin World Edit and Voxelsniper so, not saying that forge wont be a good replacement for bukkit, but it seems like they have a long way to go before they get to where bukkit is today. And i have not had any problem with my plugins not being updated, or heard about anything ells that can give players the same things until now, so i would say you are just assuming when you say that "Bukkit is on it's way out of popularity". So until there are more info/tutorials and mods for Forge that can replace the once we use in bukkit now,(and explain how to use and replace). I would have prefered if Tekkit classic got atleast one more update before it got droped. But thats just my opinion.

I have tryed Forge Essentials a little and will have to say they have a long way to go before they can cover atleast the plugin World Edit and Voxelsniper so, not saying that forge wont be a good replacement for bukkit, but it seems like they have a long way to go before they get to where bukkit is today. And i have not had any problem with my plugins not being updated, or heard about anything ells that can give players the same things until now, so i would say you are just assuming when you say that "Bukkit is on it's way out of popularity". So until there are more info/tutorials and mods for Forge that can replace the once we use in bukkit now,(and explain how to use and replace). I would have prefered if Tekkit classic got atleast one more update before it got droped. But thats just my opinion.

The other thing too now is that Feed the Beast is becoming more popular as well so I may prefer it over Tekkit. But that one issue that is an important one is the ability to support Bukkit in which it lacks that feature. If only it did...

The other thing too now is that Feed the Beast is becoming more popular as well so I may prefer it over Tekkit. But that one issue that is an important one is the ability to support Bukkit in which it lacks that feature. If only it did...

Yes i also think i will prefer Feed the Beast over Tekkit since it seems like you can get both Foresty and Railcraft there and they also seem to have a very good launcher where you can modify the game very easily and. But as you that one aswell lack the support for Bukkit.