Is Tekkit Lite worth it?

I have been running a server off of my laptop for a while and we have come across issues with lag that we have always fixed. its a small server with about 3-4 people on it. I like the mod additions in lite but is it worth it to switch? will i get better performance? Are the servers more enjoyable with the mod additions?

I know this is gonna be a whole lot of opinion being thrown at me but I want some feedback on it to see if its worth the trouble.

I run a Server on my laptop too, have an old inter 2 duo with 2ghz and 3 ram with low clockrates... but so far the server runs fine, mostly is the internetspeed whats make it better foor tekkit you can never have enough ram^^

as in my opinion tekkit light is quite buggy and missed a lot of old stuff or most mods doesnt are supported or developed anymore i would stay on the old server as far as you dont wann open anew one, as far as i seen theres no energy links and the engines are heavily buging on my map so i am back to classic, anyway if you install a linux server operating system you could also get a speed boost because it dont has to run the whole graphical stuff

well i dont use energy links because the teleporting pipes are extremely buggy for me for some reason and almost never work. I do need engines though. I will wait for them to fix the bugs I understand how buggy new things can be but the logistic pipes in lite made me want to switch.

I'm currently running the tekkit lite server off of another old dell desktop, it seems to be doing fine. you say that you usually have 3-4 people on your server, do you have any plugins installed on your tekkit "classic"? if so, you may or may not be able to carry them over to tekkit lite. Tekkit Lite is lacking in some old mods, such as EE3, multiple mods that Tekkit has updated to the current version of, are still a work in progress, so they're missing a lot of fundamental things. Especially condensers and such. I'm liking the update with Tekkit lite, however, I'm slowly getting plugins to work on my server, as bukkit didn't exactly work with forge or whatever.

To add plugins to Tekkit Lite, follow this:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-to-get-bukkit-plugins-to-work-on-tekkit-lite.34804/

To modify permissions on Tekkit Lite, follow this:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/forgepermissions-how-it-works-and-how-to-make-it-work.34877/

Hope I have helped in your decision making process!