[FIXED]Update Box Spam - Custom Zip

TrinaryAtom

Question

Launcher Version: Latest

Operating System: 7

Java Version: Latest

Antivirus Program: None

Description of Problem:

Well, I was wondering if there is a way to get the new launcher to check if the custom zip was actually different or not. Every time i open the game it keeps telling me that there is an update.

Or

Have another blank for a URL to point at a "version_number.txt"

And if that changes perhaps It should then prompt for an update. :)

Edit1:

I think i may have inadvertently added unneeded files to the custom pack causing some issues.

I deleted everything in my pack except for:

bin/modpack.jar

config/*

mods/*

coremods/*

Which i think fixed it.

It used to have allot more stuff in the folders like lib, resources, or minecraft.yml. which i already knew was not needed in the pack. I guess i wasn't thinking about it.

Edit2:

The Lesson here, is that I did not need to make an entire folder of the game. I should just let it generate the necessary files for me. And then add my mods.

10 answers to this question

don't worry about that its just a message saying there's an update when there isn't iv had been worrying about that a long time ago when i found out all the mods where up-to-date and the launcher, although if your using rie's mini-map just go to the mini-map options usually the period(full-stop/dot) key or the ` key(dunno the name but its the button above tab there you will see the 'auto update' button, press that and it will update.

Ummm, worrying about that a long time ago?

I'm not sure were talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the new feature they just added like 2 days ago. I have made my own Custom Mod Pack (Under Slot 1 of the 3) and it works fine. Just wondering if there is a way to get it (The Technic Launcher) to actually detect if the mod pack is updated or not.

It just prompts for the mod pack to be re-downloaded everytime i run the game.

Ok. This new feature allows server owners (Like Me) to distribute the pack, designed for the server, much easier than before. This new feature allows server owners to just tell people to download the Technic Launcher and place the link, to the zip file they have already created, in the URL box.

Now, When a player logs in for the first time with said URL to Custom Pack it downloads it, extracts it, and plays it. When that same player comes back it will ask if they want to update the pack. It will ask every time regardless if the pack has actually been changed or not.

I'm asking, if a server owner, can implement a way to knock out that pesky repeated question until there is actually a change in the zip file.

A Hint: The Zip file is automatically downloaded from the internet for the players. If I was making a custom mod pack for myself, I wouldn't be here.

idk how to get rid of it but if your good with trial and error and coding maybe you can go to the coding and find the one cussing that to pop up and change it to not pop up, its like the limit of how much memory can be used which is about 1.5g's, you just can't change it without going to the coding and changing it.

btw im not an admin if you didn't notice that and i know nothing about coding but for something so new their has to be floors to it, just be happy it's playable...but think of the pop up as a ad. just there...cant do nothing about it.