Looking For Large Scale Design Software...

ErusPrime

We've got a small private server and we're working on building a large walled city.

It's a slow and tedious process involving lots of tear downs and rebuilds or modified plans to fit the other buildings.

Does anyone know of a program that is good for planning a big ass city in minecraft?

Maybe you could use a Google Doc spreadsheet to plan out areas? Make each cell represent a block or a few blocks or however you feel like dividing it up, and have it there for everyone to view and edit as you plan stuff out. You probably thought of that idea or a similar one already, but I thought I'd suggest it just in case. You could even use the zoomed in grid mode deal on MS Paint, with each color pixel being a block. If you went that option, it'd be easier to zoom in on details or zoom out to see the whole city.

Can't think of any software that would be tooled to laying out a floor plan or putting it in 3D that is any less complicated than just building it directly in-game.

Get MC edit, It's outdated by three versions but it's worth while. You can flatten certain areas to plot out your building but in-game wise use the mercurial eye to build nice buildings, I normally use MC edit to find ores. Note anything that is pure black is an unrecognized block like rubber and marble

Get MC edit, It's outdated by three versions but it's worth while. You can flatten certain areas to plot out your building but in-game wise use the mercurial eye to build nice buildings, I normally use MC edit to find ores. Note anything that is pure black is an unrecognized block like rubber and marble

The blocky GUI in MCEdit makes it hard for me to visualize things. I'm trying to design an entire city including wiring and underground facilities.

The blocky GUI in MCEdit makes it hard for me to visualize things. I'm trying to design an entire city including wiring and underground facilities.

0_0 wow, then you have to find more people (Or get FyreUk to do it) to build all of that, try getting your friends to use the M.eye fully charged to spam it all over to make your city

0_0 wow, then you have to find more people (Or get FyreUk to do it) to build all of that, try getting your friends to use the M.eye fully charged to spam it all over to make your city

it is a private server. There's about 10 of us. I want to have a design. I think I'll just build the roads and government facilities and leave plots for people to buy.