Anyone else getting connection issues? (0.5.2)

GhostingHowl

Hello everyone,

I just recently updated my server from tekkit lite 0.5.1 to 0.5.2. I've honestly had a bunch of problems with 0.5.2... but I've managed to deal with them, so they weren't a huge deal.

However, last night some serious connection problems popped up. I host a server for a group of friends, and last night I was told that people were having a hard time connecting to the server (like, minecraft polls for the server and then says it cant reach it). I found this strange, as a friend and myself were on the server and we were connected just fine. To test, I logged off and closed tekkit, when I opened the game again, I had the same problem my other friends were having.

The only way I could fix the problem was to restart the server. However, after a while people could not connect again. I restarted it once more last night, and lo and behold, no one could connect this morning.

I was running the same exact setup with the same map for tekkit lite 0.5.1 and had absolutely none of these connection problems, so I can only assume 0.5.2 is causing them.

So my question stands, is anyone else getting weird connection issues? Or is my server some kind of crazy anomaly?

I am siding towards your server being faulty. 0.5.2 has been perfect for me so far running wise. I have bukkitforge and a few plugins. The update didn't screw me over in any kind of way (maybe it has and I just haven't noticed).

Sometimes I get connection errors when I click on a server to soon, or it just kind of craps out on me and I have to restart my client. Restarting my client usually tends to fix things though.

Have you made sure all your ports are forwarded, or maybe something in the config file went wrong. What I would do if I had this issue would have to be; download a clean server, run it, make sure the port is still forwarded, restart the new server, and then try connecting and have your friends try to connect. If they can connect then maybe it's just your old server that you're running. In that case I would backup your world, then try updating your server again. Preferably just grabbing a new tekkitlite server, running it, then replace the new world with your previous world. I'm not sure if you have any mods on it or anything that you'd need to copy over, but I think you could figure that out.

In that case I would backup your world, then try updating your server again. Preferably just grabbing a new tekkitlite server, running it, then replace the new world with your previous world. I'm not sure if you have any mods on it or anything that you'd need to copy over, but I think you could figure that out.

Thanks for the suggestions. That is actually what I just did, and it doesn't seem to be helping. In fact, it is getting worse now. Restarting is only helping for like 5 minutes before the server wont connect to people anymore. The annoying part is that people are on the server playing right now, but no one else's minecraft will reach the server. Also, yeah, my port is forwarded just fine.

Am I seriously the only one having this problem?

I have done absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Downloaded a fresh install of 0.5.2, moved my map/op/whitelist to the new folder, ran the launcher. Connection problems 10 minutes later.

I am totally at a loss. If no one else is really having any issues like this I should probably move this to the bug forum? I dont know what to do anymore.