changing the copper wire recipe, can it be done?

spartanboy56

Hey guys! so first off, im new to volts. I am hardly started in it but I do like it so far. It's a lot more challenging. But there is one thing that annoys me so far. So on the wiki it says that wires are made with wool and copper, but of course it also says if you're using the electrical expansion mod it gets changed to leather. so here is my question, is there a way to change the recipe back to wool without getting rid of the other mod or am i stuck with the recipe? I ask this because although its not as easy as the rubber in tekkit, wool is a lot easier to gather because its renewable instead of killing a cow for like 1 leather. or, has any one made a easy way to get leather? before you say it, yes, I am lazy. Thanks for all insight and info!

Hey guys! so first off, im new to volts. I am hardly started in it but I do like it so far. It's a lot more challenging. But there is one thing that annoys me so far. So on the wiki it says that wires are made with wool and copper, but of course it also says if you're using the electrical expansion mod it gets changed to leather. so here is my question, is there a way to change the recipe back to wool without getting rid of the other mod or am i stuck with the recipe? I ask this because although its not as easy as the rubber in tekkit, wool is a lot easier to gather because its renewable instead of killing a cow for like 1 leather. or, has any one made a easy way to get leather? before you say it, yes, I am lazy. Thanks for all insight and info!

Find ElectricExpansion.cfg in your config folder.

Examples:

FTB - UniversalElectricityminecraftconfigUniversalElectricity

Technic - AppDataRoaming.techniclaunchervoltzconfigUniversalElectricity

The second section in that config file titled 'general' appears to pertain to the recipes you want to change. IE: True for both variables would allow both recipes to be used, wool or leather.

I have not tested if this even works but if it does I would assume it only works in single player unless you edit the config files on the server to reflect your client changes.

Good luck :)