[Request] Old ore textures in Tekkit lite?

Talonos

Hello, all. I am loving tekkit lite, but strongly dislike the new ore textures. Is there a way to restore the old ore textures from tekkit classic/technic? If not, could somebody throw together a texture pack to replace them and make them "look" old?

"It's simple, do it yourself" is a perfectly valid answer to the previous question, but if you go that route, I'd really appreceate a link to a thread where someone describes how to make texture packs for tekkit lite.

Also, I have heard rumor that if the server has a texture pack installed, then clients connecting to the server automatically download the texture pack from the server and use it when connecting to that server. Is this true?

Sorry for the bump: But I've made progress and still need help.

I have determined that the problematic ore textures are in the Thermal Expansion mod. The silver I like is still in the RedPower folders, and the copper and tin textures I like are still in the IC2 folders. I tried to create a texture pack that would replace the Thermal Expansion textures with the other ones by copying the relevant textures and pasting them in, but it doesn't seem to be working. I see the texture pack in minecraft, but when I click and select it, no textures are replaced. The texture pack I put together is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/3155942903/Svera%20Texture%20Pack.zip. If somebody knowledgable could tell me what I'm doing wrong, that'd be great. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to fix this thanks to your help finding the default textures for the problem ore's. What I did was replace the original block_testures.png, and block_textures_cb.png files in the Thermal expansion-2.2.0.zip file with the same files found in the Sphax PureBDCraft 128x texture pack + Tekkit addons. I am not sure why the texture pack isn't replacing them for us, but this solved the issue for me.